Window Sticker Descrepancy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mid-22 built Tahoe was missing park assist due to lack of parts, and the window sticker notes that it's missing, gave a credit of $50, and says "includes later retrofit".

so the parts scarcity should have shown up on the sticker?

ws options.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You think I could bring it back three years and 3 owners later? Lol I am getting a little more comfortable with the deal. I dont plan to sell it but worried this issue would pop up if I need to.
2021 was a crazy time with Covid still in full swing, many vehicles were completed missing options or were partially equipped with options with notices to come back later and get them completed.

@WalleyeMikeIII I didn't know you could do that with the newer trucks. I was referring to the internet ones that dealers (not necessarily GM) use which I found to always be generic when looking at GMT900s and K2s for sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My mid-22 built Tahoe was missing park assist due to lack of parts, and the window sticker notes that it's missing, gave a credit of $50, and says "includes later retrofit".

so the parts scarcity should have shown up on the sticker?

View attachment 431667
I have seen this cerdit as well shopping around looking at a lot of stickers but its not on this one. I am worried it's a shady deal. This is only thing stopping be from pulling the trigger so really trying to dig into it here

Last edited:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna buy a used first year Yukon made during the covid/supply chain fiasco? Good luck. The trailer brake says dealer installed which is probably an aftermarket one located in a different location (maybe on right side of wheel?) or it could have been removed by previous owner who didn't tow. Same for running boards - this truck has 3-4 years of previous ownership...

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I am considering purchasing a 2021 Yukon Denali. I asked for the car fax and window sticker. The sticker shows the Auto Stop/Start with no delete option listed and it also shows power running boards. The car clearly does not have the trailer break, auto stop/start button on the dash, nor the power running boards - just the standard fixed ones. I asked the dealer and he wasn't too assuring. Trying to figure out if something shady is going on before seeing it. It's out of state.

It does have the 6.2L V8 option and thinking maybe that has to do with it? Figured I'd ask the pros.

It also has the ultimate package. Does that make it a denali ultimate or does it just contain some of the options of the ultimate?
In 2021 there was never an Ultimate Denali. They started producing the Ultimate Denali in 2023 but started showing the Ultimate Denali June 2022 onwards.

Dirk13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do not think I would buy that car. Way too many questions. Have you verified they are giving you the correct vin? It really looks like that Denali does not have the ultimate package. You’re picking out the things you can see from the pictures, what about all the stuff you can’t see?

The auto start stop button is not really removable after the fact. If it was built without auto start stop, it would say so on the window sticker, just like all the other vehicles from this time.

Your gonna buy a used first year Yukon made during the covid/supply chain fiasco? Good luck. The trailer brake says dealer installed which is probably an aftermarket one located in a different location (maybe on right side of wheel?) or it could have been removed by previous owner who didn't tow. Same for running boards - this truck has 3-4 years of previous ownership...
The trailer brake controller does not say dealer installed, that is referring to the line under it for the illumination package. With ultimate package, this should have had the factory integrated controller and that one is definitely not removable.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trailer brake controller does not say dealer installed, that is referring to the line under it for the illumination package. With ultimate package, this should have had the factory integrated controller and that one is definitely not removable.
I see now, the partial sticker pics are a little confusing. I guess I need to get more sleep (may try getting to bed by 8 )...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rev1126