What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....well, i got what I paid for i guess, the "quality" of the bbk shortys leaves a lot to be desired.
the welder was unskilled, or not paid enough, not allotted enough time to do a decent job...

also, theres no "ball" connector on the 3 bolt flange...its just flat... and has extra ports(with block off plates) for the older systems I suppose.

I'll grab pics in a bit.

Damn. I was hoping these would be the bee's knees.

I did reply to their previous email about the coating with another question about whether they did the inside of the pipes & collector, and as you can probably already observe, they only spray-coat the outside.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. I was hoping these would be the bee's knees.

I did reply to their previous email about the coating with another question about whether they did the inside of the pipes & collector, and as you can probably already observe, they only spray-coat the outside.

Put pics in my build thread.
I could have made these so much cleaner my self. :(
Debating returning them...
Bought BBK headers...
There's plastic bb's stuck inside and outside of the tubes, welding spatter everywhere including on the mating surfaces. Thick welds inside the tubes, might as well be smaller diameter tubes.
The collectors are anything but a smooth high-flowing transition.
One collector isn't even centered up on the tubes.

There's no ball-joint on the collector flange like the factory manifold or other aftermarket headers.
These were definitely designed for the '99-'06 gmt400, given the 3 egr/air injection ports. They do supply block-off plates for them though.

The threads on the flanges need to be chased to get the ceramic coating out of them.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shredd_guy