What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will never be able to buy a used cat in Calif.
Ever.

The cost of keeping a car fully CARB compliant can be more than the vehicle is worth.
Many years ago, a coworker had a Volvo that his wife loved.
He had some cat issues and after getting pricing on new cats, he just sold the car to his brother in law in AZ and he slapped on a cheap cat that can't be purchased in CA and called it a day.
It truly is insane to slap a $4k exhaust system on a $5k car.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems absolutely insane to me, and pisses me off more than the sad face I "liked" on your post. Guess Im changing it to an angry face..

If you figure its just rich elitists and corrupt politics, I guess it makes perfect sense..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well my other options are buy a cheap epa y pipe and then swap the y pipe when it comes time to smog. (every other year)
I can have them shipped to my sister in Oregon and either pick them up and have her send them to me from there
even though the p0420/p0430 was turned off by Blackbear it still came up and wouldn't show ready either so no point in trying to turn it off.
Blackbear claimed "I must not have had the tune installed" well I sure as sh*t do have it installed and it sure as sh*t still threw the code.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I look up AP cat's under carb order D-798-14 I come up with 774106 & 774306
the 106 is like $339 the 306 is $365 on rockauto
according to the carb order either one can go on the left or right side, or am I missing something?
converter.JPG

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems odd they think it should be off but it came on. I wish they had a way to view the tune yourself or someone else just to see. I'm curious if the box is unchecked like in hpt or another way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems odd they think it should be off but it came on. I wish they had a way to view the tune yourself or someone else just to see. I'm curious if the box is unchecked like in hpt or another way.
it def came up once and I cleared it, then it kept throwing other codes and I reset it a few times, then I have left it uncleared about 700 miles. showing me a bunch of pending codes so it's going to the dealer on Monday to do bank2 lifters, after the new cat I still got misfires at high rpm thought I heard it make a wierd noise also that didn't sound good
it's telling me lean on bank 2, had a cyl 8 misfire a few times then it just went to random p0300. at high rpm (around 4500+ under a load) it will flash the cel and then go out.
it's got no upper power band, I can feel it trying but it just lags so I haven't pushed it 100%, just normal driving you can't tell any difference, sounds completely normal at idle or even reving it up while parked

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would seem like even if OFF, the check wouldn't be completed/ready. Or maybe they can set it to permanently completed? IDK
Always a chance there was just a small detail missed, hopefully there's a solution.
But it sound like you got a bigger issue, not a clogged or slow fuel injector? (Sorry if I've missed it)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would seem like even if OFF, the check wouldn't be completed/ready. Or maybe they can set it to permanently completed? IDK
Always a chance there was just a small detail missed, hopefully there's a solution.
But it sound like you got a bigger issue, not a clogged or slow fuel injector? (Sorry if I've missed it)
don't know, I assume lifters. I will find out in a few days one way or another....

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbower11