What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I need to have the engine at TDC to start it?
No. Do you have a scan tool that can tell you if the sensor is present or not? That might help determine if it's still a wiring problem.

Some notes from the company that made my kit: The included cam sensor has a 3-pin connector whereas the factory VVT equipped plug has a 5-pin (the two additional wires go to the VVT Solenoid). To use the new sensor, you will need to remove the wires from the 3-pin and reuse the original 5-pin connector or you can simply swap the cam sensor from the existing VVT cover to the new cover.

IIRC, I chose to remove the VVT wires from the 3-pin and reuse the original 5-pin connector (I have the wiring diagram for mine), rather than reuse the old cam sensor. It was a pita to get the harnesses connected because it was a stretch and the harmonic balancer interferes if you don't get it right.

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Do you have a scan tool that can tell you if the sensor is present or not? That might help determine if it's still a wiring problem.

Some notes from the company that made my kit: The included cam sensor has a 3-pin connector whereas the factory VVT equipped plug has a 5-pin (the two additional wires go to the VVT Solenoid). To use the new sensor, you will need to remove the wires from the 3-pin and reuse the original 5-pin connector or you can simply swap the cam sensor from the existing VVT cover to the new cover.

IIRC, I chose to remove the VVT wires from the 3-pin and reuse the original 5-pin connector (I have the wiring diagram for mine), rather than reuse the old cam sensor. It was a pita to get the harnesses connected because it was a stretch and the harmonic balancer interferes if you don't get it right.

Ok, so I had forgotten to connect a ground, and thats what was preventing fire-up.

It ran for a couple minutes, but when I tapped the throttle gently the engine died, and won't fire back up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep getting this error code (via TorquPro)

View attachment 434731

The cam sensor is new.

The adapter is new.

I put the old cam sensor harness back in, and it started and ran for a few minutes until I turned it off. Then it won't restart.

Clear P0010 code, but it comes back.
maybe put the other one back in again and/or disconnect the battery for a minute and see if anything different happens

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked up the code but going by the wording, cam position actuator. you no long have that without vvt right? it should be turned off in the tune and no throwing the code no matter the wiring?

or am I thinking about this wrong?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked up the code but going by the wording, cam position actuator. you no long have that without vvt right? it should be turned off in the tune and no throwing the code no matter the wiring?

or am I thinking about this wrong?
You should be right. The tune "should" have turned off the VVT. I'm trying to call BBP now.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian

Latest posts