What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no change. There were some old fries though and a crumpled up straw wrapper. I did get a pair of those "drop stop" things for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago and they help a lot. I've dropped my phone and keys before between the seat and console and the keys fell under the seat track and were a pain to retrieve.
How did it go? Did you get her buttoned back up?

Reaction score
So I really didn't get any pics of the new foam going in, but that heat/cool pad that I removed from the old one is like small bubble wrap type of thing. It is a sealed bag with like a honeycomb type of string reenforcement inside. That port in the front goes through the seat and attaches to the black plastic air tube under the front. Attached to the top of this appears to be a sewn on cloth with heat wires running across. The wire loom is attached to the rear corner and runs under the seat.

I'm not too sure how this cooling thing works exactly. Either air runs through it and you feel the cooler air under your butt, or there are fine perferations on the top of it and the air leaks out the top through the "perforated" leather on the seat and you feel that on your butt.

Here are those pics again of the heating/cooling part on the seat.

Here's the port in the front of the seat

20240806_150852.jpg

Here's the pad on the cushion. It was stuck down with 3 strips of adhesive tape that I carefully pulled it off of.

20240806_152552.jpg

Tape strips were in front, middle, and rear. I have some 3m double sided scotch tape that I used to stick it down to the new foam before attaching the leather cover.

20240806_152904.jpg

As I reassembled the seat I wiped down/treated the leather and also cleaned all the plastic trim surround that goes around the sides and back before reinstalling. Here's the seat before putting back in yukon

20240806_185511.jpg

And of course I used this opportunity to vacuum where the seat goes

20240806_185435.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new drivers bottom pad and bottom seat cover sitting here for like 3 years now, lol
seat feels fine I just have a small worn spot on the outside edge of the cover it hasn't gotten bad enough for me to change it out yet
that and a new steering wheel sitting here as well probably had that close to 4 years
one of these days,,,,,,,

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With seat installed

View attachment 434693

I sit higher now. I use the seat memory presets and now I need to raise the headrest a bit and adjust the rear view mirror. The seat is adjusted all the way down. It's much firmer, but feels weird sitting up so much higher.
I noticed the same thing when I changed out the cushion and leather in my ‘07, but I like it. My cushion was from the seat shop as well.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I really didn't get any pics of the new foam going in, but that heat/cool pad that I removed from the old one is like small bubble wrap type of thing. It is a sealed bag with like a honeycomb type of string reenforcement inside. That port in the front goes through the seat and attaches to the black plastic air tube under the front. Attached to the top of this appears to be a sewn on cloth with heat wires running across. The wire loom is attached to the rear corner and runs under the seat.

I'm not too sure how this cooling thing works exactly. Either air runs through it and you feel the cooler air under your butt, or there are fine perferations on the top of it and the air leaks out the top through the "perforated" leather on the seat and you feel that on your butt.

Here are those pics again of the heating/cooling part on the seat.

Here's the port in the front of the seat

View attachment 434688

Here's the pad on the cushion. It was stuck down with 3 strips of adhesive tape that I carefully pulled it off of.

View attachment 434689

Tape strips were in front, middle, and rear. I have some 3m double sided scotch tape that I used to stick it down to the new foam before attaching the leather cover.

View attachment 434690

As I reassembled the seat I wiped down/treated the leather and also cleaned all the plastic trim surround that goes around the sides and back before reinstalling. Here's the seat before putting back in yukon

View attachment 434691

And of course I used this opportunity to vacuum where the seat goes

View attachment 434692

huh, so there's nothing between the air pad thingy and the seat leather with the holes? I was kinda hoping it would blow harder after replacing the foam. but it doesn't seem like it would make much difference except for maybe if the little holes in the leather were clogged up and could clean it eaiser being apart.

mine feels like the leather gets cold but no actual air comes out. I do get the hot air out the back, so I'm guessing it's kinda working but I'm not sure how the air is ducted around either. hmm

this really should be a thread of it's own, so the pics and surff don't get lost here.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing when I changed out the cushion and leather in my ‘07, but I like it. My cushion was from the seat shop as well.

I replaced the foam in my c6 seats because I took a trip and 4 hours in my butt was over sitting on the flat bottom. after changing it, it sat so much higher my head hit the roof haha.

I had to pull it back apart and lengthen the cables they used as springs to lower it back down as much as I could haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road