What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the greatest video but is this my maf dogging me out ?
Looking at the graphs, and watching the response.. nothing stands out to me.
(Of course I've only looked at my own logs briefly..)

Honestly sounds similar to my knock retard (loose motor mount) issue as far as bogging...
Definately look for knock retard..

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the graphs, and watching the response.. nothing stands out to me.
(Of course I've only looked at my own logs briefly..)
whats wierd is with the other maf sensor installed it ran slightly better but was throwing a code for maf and misfire, and my previously (was) good maf makes it run worse but no codes. makes no sense. I guess if the new one makes no difference then I can rule that out....

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally had time over the weekend to give the '07 a fresh ceramic spray wax. I use Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, and it's pretty good. The water beads on the finish for 6 months or more afterwards. She cleans up well for 17 years and 247K miles. She spent most of her life in Arizona, so that helps. Not a spot of rust anywhere, and the frame and suspension still look new. Not having a commute and it never seeing snow or salty roads, also helps.

Now the dilemma: We have that new addition to the fleet: a 2018 Suburban 3500 HD, which means we now have THREE of these big beasts. Our son is 16 and working on his license, but isn't particularly thrilled about driving such a big vehicle. My wife likes the idea because she knows it's safe. It's not worth much to sell either. So, do we keep it? Do we try to trade someone for something smaller? Or do we sell it and buy something like a RAV4 for the kids?

I have so much time and love invested in this thing, and it's in tip-top shape such that I would drive it to Alaska tomorrow, without hesitating. My heart says keep it and hand it to our son. My only hesitation with that is he's not a car guy, isn't particularly thrilled about driving to begin with, half-asses things when he doesn't feel like doing them (all normal teenager stuff), so I worry that he won't take the kind of care of it that I have.

Oofta. Might just need to practice radical acceptance here. Lol.

1723220335753.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally had time over the weekend to give the '07 a fresh ceramic spray wax. I use Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, and it's pretty good. The water beads on the finish for 6 months or more afterwards. She cleans up well for 17 years and 247K miles. She spent most of her life in Arizona, so that helps. Not a spot of rust anywhere, and the frame and suspension still look new. Not having a commute and it never seeing snow or salty roads, also helps.

Now the dilemma: We have that new addition to the fleet: a 2018 Suburban 3500 HD, which means we now have THREE of these big beasts. Our son is 16 and working on his license, but isn't particularly thrilled about driving such a big vehicle. My wife likes the idea because she knows it's safe. It's not worth much to sell either. So, do we keep it? Do we try to trade someone for something smaller? Or do we sell it and buy something like a RAV4 for the kids?

I have so much time and love invested in this thing, and it's in tip-top shape such that I would drive it to Alaska tomorrow, without hesitating. My heart says keep it and hand it to our son. My only hesitation with that is he's not a car guy, isn't particularly thrilled about driving to begin with, half-asses things when he doesn't feel like doing them (all normal teenager stuff), so I worry that he won't take the kind of care of it that I have.

View attachment 434891

Maybe find it a new home with one of your cohorts here. :emotions33:

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 434891

Your situation is similar to mine with my 2002 Altima.
I bought it new and it now has 250k miles but it runs like a top and the AC blows super cold.
The car isn't worth much but I, too, would jump in it and drive it across the country in a minute.
It is tough to let something go that you know is dead on reliable and has been taken such good care of for so long.
You certainly don't need three of those beasts, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
It's not an easy choice.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time selling stuff. if I had the storage space I would still have every car I've ever owned lol.

but I will say selling my 96 thru this board was really nice. it went to a home where the guy cares about it. sends me pics from time and time and asks questions. he's rebuild the front end, lowered it on nice wheels and polished the paint. has looking nice and he drives it alot, something I wasn't doing after picking up the 2011. so I would say if you sell it, try here to someone that will appreciate it over like random Facebook market place even if you end up selling it for a little less that way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have reasonable suspicion to believe a single cable pickup is best for a young man
1. he can't carry many [passengers/friends all over, a girlfriend is enough :)
2. It can be used for work, hauling junk, garbage, weeds, tools whatever for some side money here and there
3. low maintenance vehicle and less likely to break down
4 if it's a stick shift even better, less likely to be phone distracted

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have reasonable suspicion to believe a single cable pickup is best for a young man
1. he can't carry many [passengers/friends all over, a girlfriend is enough :)
2. It can be used for work, hauling junk, garbage, weeds, tools whatever for some side money here and there
3. low maintenance vehicle and less likely to break down
4 if it's a stick shift even better, less likely to be phone distracted
I can confirm that this is a good idea, except for one thing: I had a single cab '81 GMC Sierra 1500 in high school, but it had a cap on the back of it. That and a $10 air mattress made for lots of good times in the summer. :hump:

I'm one of those guys who lives in quiet fear that the increasing commonality of DNA testing for genealogy reasons will turn up that I have actually have a kid somewhere else. Lol. The risk is low though because if I'd ever known about it, I would have done all I could to support them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GourmetRealtor