What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would rather just replace the hinge with oem that lasted 10-15 years already, I know they are $120 or so but probably never have to replace it twice unless you keep the thing forever

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I do have a replacement hinge.. still need a spraycan of matching paint and thought I might try a roller first..
But for that price, a hinge is cheaper!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe up to my "worthless piece of desert" this weekend to install some new targets.
It looks like there was probably a lightning strike out near the property, and along the unmanaged part of the trail.
I believe a firetruck was sent out there, and two of the big ruts in the trail had been filled with the fine ash/sand that's out there in an attempt to probably get the fire truck across it.
that left a powdery mess that I nearly got stuck in twice, the second time on the way out I knew it was there and did a full send crossing, and still nearly got stuck in it! :whymewhyme:

The Jeep has its new tires (KO2s) mounted and installed, butter smooth on the freeway. :peace:
Still needs gearing before I'm willing to take it up to the property, but I really want it done especially with the new sand trap!

Makes me really want to drop the coin on the Tahoe to get some decent tires on there, maybe I'll try the KO3s...
And the new cats on the Tahoe nearly started a fire in some high grass when I had to stop in to figure out where I stashed the extra T-Posts. :jester:

Been thinking about what to do with the new sand trap,
Maybe if I could bring enough water with me, I could bring a few bags of cement and mix it into the fine powder, then dump a bunch of water in there in hopes of filling in the rut and turning the powder into something more solid.

I have a big need to pull a trailer up there soon, I want to start building a little shack soon.
And I can't see getting a shipping container up there unless that trail is solid. :whymewhyme:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Also, I know lots of people like to not touch 4x4 unless they get stuck.
That surprise of a sand trap was a fine example of why I toss it in 4x4 if there is even a chance i might get stuck.
I had it in Auto 4x4 for the first pass, then 4 high on the second pass.
If I had come to a complete stop, I believe if I had come to a complete stop in 2wd I would have been stuck in 4x4 also. :whymewhyme:

And I keep getting errors when trying to come out of 4x4.
Sometimes it's the shift motor, other times it's the front axle engagement.

I make sure I keep a scan tool in the Tahoe so I can clear the error, otherwise I could end up stuck in 4x4...
Or even worse, not having 4x4 when I need it.

Time for me to start ordering parts and stop putting it off. :jester:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe up to my "worthless piece of desert" this weekend to install some new targets.
It looks like there was probably a lightning strike out near the property, and along the unmanaged part of the trail.
I believe a firetruck was sent out there, and two of the big ruts in the trail had been filled with the fine ash/sand that's out there in an attempt to probably get the fire truck across it.
that left a powdery mess that I nearly got stuck in twice, the second time on the way out I knew it was there and did a full send crossing, and still nearly got stuck in it! :whymewhyme:

The Jeep has its new tires (KO2s) mounted and installed, butter smooth on the freeway. :peace:
Still needs gearing before I'm willing to take it up to the property, but I really want it done especially with the new sand trap!

Makes me really want to drop the coin on the Tahoe to get some decent tires on there, maybe I'll try the KO3s...
And the new cats on the Tahoe nearly started a fire in some high grass when I had to stop in to figure out where I stashed the extra T-Posts. :jester:

Been thinking about what to do with the new sand trap,
Maybe if I could bring enough water with me, I could bring a few bags of cement and mix it into the fine powder, then dump a bunch of water in there in hopes of filling in the rut and turning the powder into something more solid.

I have a big need to pull a trailer up there soon, I want to start building a little shack soon.
And I can't see getting a shipping container up there unless that trail is solid. :whymewhyme:
rent a backhoe or tractor for a day and fix it up, that and a few yards of gravel should fix you up

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
rent a backhoe or tractor for a day and fix it up, that and a few yards of gravel should fix you up

then I need to tow it up there or find someone willing to use gps cords for the location.
out in the middle of nowhere is an understatement in this case. :jester:

a front end loader/bobcat would be awesome to have for the weekend, I could clear out a bunch of the brush, define the road on my property, and fix the main road.
I believe those alone exceed the tow limit on the Tahoe, then I still need to add a trailer to tow it up there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then I need to tow it up there or find someone willing to use gps cords for the location.

a front end loader/bobcat would be awesome to have for the weekend, I could clear out a bunch of the brush, define the road on my property, and fix the main road.
I believe those alone exceed the tow limit on the Tahoe, then I still need to add a trailer to tow it up there.
I think most equipment rentals have the trailer and a tractor, uhaul rents pickups. been a good while since I rented anything but usually it's already trailered and chained up

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just dead head that sucker up there. :D
Shouldn't take longer than a full day to get you up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F9thSkynet