What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Took the Tahoe up to my "worthless piece of desert" this weekend to install some new targets.
It looks like there was probably a lightning strike out near the property, and along the unmanaged part of the trail.
I believe a firetruck was sent out there, and two of the big ruts in the trail had been filled with the fine ash/sand that's out there in an attempt to probably get the fire truck across it.
that left a powdery mess that I nearly got stuck in twice, the second time on the way out I knew it was there and did a full send crossing, and still nearly got stuck in it! :whymewhyme:

The Jeep has its new tires (KO2s) mounted and installed, butter smooth on the freeway. :peace:
Still needs gearing before I'm willing to take it up to the property, but I really want it done especially with the new sand trap!

Makes me really want to drop the coin on the Tahoe to get some decent tires on there, maybe I'll try the KO3s...
And the new cats on the Tahoe nearly started a fire in some high grass when I had to stop in to figure out where I stashed the extra T-Posts. :jester:

Been thinking about what to do with the new sand trap,
Maybe if I could bring enough water with me, I could bring a few bags of cement and mix it into the fine powder, then dump a bunch of water in there in hopes of filling in the rut and turning the powder into something more solid.

I have a big need to pull a trailer up there soon, I want to start building a little shack soon.
And I can't see getting a shipping container up there unless that trail is solid. :whymewhyme:
Find a cheap, older camping trailer to leave up there for something to stay in instead of building a shack.

My neighbor has ~20 some acres about 2hrs southwest from here near St. James, MO and he keeps a small camper there. It's like one of these

Screenshot_20240916-200345_Google.jpg

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What TQ are you going with?
Hi Charlie
The Torque Converter I'm using is VEGE BU60FHD.......A VEGE remanufactured torque converter....$323. Got it from Summit. I can tell you it is a heavy sucker, as I had to carry it aways.....Got this one as it is recommended on the Forum in quite a few places....Good Luck

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Charlie
The Torque Converter I'm using is VEGE BU60FHD.......A VEGE remanufactured torque converter....$323. Got it from Summit. I can tell you it is a heavy sucker, as I had to carry it aways.....Got this one as it is recommended on the Forum in quite a few places....Good Luck
That's what I installed recently. I'm happy with it.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Find a cheap, older camping trailer to leave up there for something to stay in instead of building a shack.

My neighbor has ~20 some acres about 2hrs southwest from here near St. James, MO and he keeps a small camper there. It's like one of these

View attachment 438239

Been looking at something like that.
I would really like a working bathroom for the wife, but then it's one more thing to take care of.
Now I need to be able to cross a new sand trap with it in tow, so another extra thing. :rolleyes:

Figuring I can always tow it up there with the Tahoe, leave it pre Sandtrap, and then make the long drive back to trade it for the Jeep. :happy175:

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold it - the 1500, that is. Now have money to finish the work on the 2500 ahead of the plan. Fender flares will allegedly be here tomorrow - hopefully those keep a little bit of fender rust at bay. Drive train fluids, new tow mirrors (the ones on it only fold the wrong way - what's with that?), driver door inside panel where some fat ass broke the door handle by pushing him/her/itself up into the driver's seat, new brakes - calipers, rotors, lines, pads - and five new tires. After that, we'll see about stuff like more lights, a better roof rack, etc.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driver door inside panel where some fat ass broke the door handle by pushing him/her/itself up into the driver's seat
You should have heard me YELL at my friend NOT to hold onto the door handle when getting in the passenger side!
He's a little clumsy and no lightweight. Was probably thinking, "WTF is the handle for?"
I sounded like a spaz, but I explained why and my passenger handle is still intact so..

One of my many gripes, no driver side A-pillar grab handle.. Other option is to wear out the steering column.
I'm tired of stepping up without pulling or holding onto something. Obviously, GM doesn't care about us.

In the end, I'll save my floppy door handle from pulling apart, and steering column from wearing out, but blow out my knees instead.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I routinely step onto the running board while entering the cabin of my Yukon.
Makes getting in much easier.
When I went through heavy equipment training school, they drilled it into our heads to never grab the steering wheel and to use all handles and steps available when entering the cab.
It has stuck with me more than 3 decades later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124