What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh.. it's the same thing.. today's key ign are just a switch that requests the bcm to start the truck and most newer keys have a rf chip in them of some kind. all the tech is there. may as well not have a key flopping around for no good reason. I'll take a push button over a twist button.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I was hesitant about push button ignitions until I bought the Kia PHEV I used to commute in.
After driving that car for 3 years, I quickly became accustomed to never taking the fob out of my pocket.
Now, I often find myself having to dig into my pocket for the key to start my Yukon after I am already in the driver's seat.
It is very surprising that the top level trim Denali did not have push button start.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seller approved my offer, I should have ADJUSTABLE headrests from an 08 yukon coming soon :)

I find the non-adjustable ones are more forward than I like, hoping the adjustable can have a more relaxed angle..

I need more info on this! I hate that gm took away adjustable head rests. I've removed the ones in my volt and spun then backwards for long trips. it's not great but better than noting.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I was hesitant about push button ignitions until I bought the Kia PHEV I used to commute in.
After driving that car for 3 years, I quickly became accustomed to never taking the fob out of my pocket.
Now, I often find myself having to dig into my pocket for the key to start my Yukon after I am already in the driver's seat.
It is very surprising that the top level trim Denali did not have push button start.

At least in the hybrids. I mean I don't even have a starter. I'm. Just requesting a crank with a twist switch. it doesn't make sense and I know older gm cars that had it all the way back in 05

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been trying to track down this damn leak on my driver's side. We have been basically in a drought all summer long. So it has to be getting in when I go through the car wash once a week. It's definitely coming down the firewall because the matting up under the pedals is wet. I found this hole in the windshield seal and was hoping that was it, but it still leaks. I am going to seal the shark fin next and hope that does it. Very aggravating.

IMG_7217.JPGIMG_7218.JPGIMG_7219.JPGIMG_7220.JPG

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been trying to track down this damn leak on my driver's side. We have been basically in a drought all summer long. So it has to be getting in when I go through the car wash once a week. It's definitely coming down the firewall because the matting up under the pedals is wet. I found this hole in the windshield seal and was hoping that was it, but it still leaks. I am going to seal the shark fin next and hope that does it. Very aggravating.

View attachment 438905View attachment 438906View attachment 438907View attachment 438908
That has been leaking for some time now.
I would remove the A pillar trim and see if you can see any evidence of moisture there.
That would give you a clue to see if it is coming from above the windshield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here