What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need more info on this! I hate that gm took away adjustable head rests. I've removed the ones in my volt and spun then backwards for long trips. it's not great but better than noting.
Here's what one looks like.. might be on 07-08 option looking at the listing title..

Here someone asking $750 per!!!

Will update with review when I get them in...

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new member. This place is an amazing resource.

I just came home with a Silver 2011 Tahoe LT 4wd yesterday. Today the first project was installing an Android based stereo head unit.

I have my doubts on these things in general but I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Things weren’t perfect, but after a bit of googling and changes made to the backend software, it seems to be working great. Let me know if anyone has questions.
What do you think of it? Do you miss the volume knob? Does it sound any better than the factory unit? Did you get a harness adaptor with it? Have a link for that unit?

I have been chomping at the bit to do this. I have an iPhone though. Are you able to navigate all your phone apps like web browser and texts and such just as easy?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trying to track down this damn leak on my driver's side. We have been basically in a drought all summer long. So it has to be getting in when I go through the car wash once a week. It's definitely coming down the firewall because the matting up under the pedals is wet. I found this hole in the windshield seal and was hoping that was it, but it still leaks. I am going to seal the shark fin next and hope that does it. Very aggravating.
I can't wait till you find it! No luck finding anything under the cowl area? IIRC you broke your washer hose connection before pulling cowl piece..

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait till you find it! No luck finding anything under the cowl area? IIRC you broke your washer hose connection before pulling cowl piece..
Thanks yeah me too. Nope that's the whole reason I took it off to begin with was to try and find a leak in there. And you really can't see much under there anyway. There is like a big steel compartment welded to the firewall under there can't see jack under it.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is hard to see, and I could feel down the ends of the cowl where water could runoff.. probably can't see in there without removing fender..
Hoping my leak was the little pinhole I found, but part of me thinks it was too small to be it.. Same wet area, driver floor, close to ebrake..

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard to see, and I could feel down the ends of the cowl where water could runoff.. probably can't see in there without removing fender..
Hoping my leak was the little pinhole I found, but part of me thinks it was too small to be it.. Same wet area, driver floor, close to ebrake..

My wet spot is right above the e-brake floor grommet. I looked there, looked at the harness grommet in the door jamb. Windshield seam. Hoping it's the shark fin now.

coluccim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you think of it? Do you miss the volume knob? Does it sound any better than the factory unit? Did you get a harness adaptor with it? Have a link for that unit?

I have been chomping at the bit to do this. I have an iPhone though. Are you able to navigate all your phone apps like web browser and texts and such just as easy?
I went for one of the more "expensive" units. It was originally grouped with 2 other models on Amazon - the other 2 had knobs. I was going to buy a knobbed one but realized I haven't used a DVD or CD in 20 years or so.

There are buttons on the bottom but I use the steering wheel controls mostly. Everything is included but it may need something for the rear screen if you have one. I didn't bother hooking it up.

It has carplay for apple that works great - wireless. I was also able to download Netflix, YouTube TV and Amazon Prime to the unit and stream from my driveway. I am sure you can tether to your phone n the road if you want to watch tv and kill someone.

I cut the supplied harness's reverse line as I have the camera in the mirror. In my setup, the screen would go black in reverse with the unit, now it just stays as a normal screen (the mirror still works).

The sound was way loud at first - I had to go in the factory settings using code "0000" and tell the unit that I had an amplifier and adjusted the "gain". I didn't even end up using any of the 3 USB ports - just wireless. So, install took less than an hour in total. Simple plug and play.

Edited****
CarPlay is what apple uses for texts, calls, navigation, music apps. There is no web browser. The unit itself has chrome installed.
My system has the standard Bose amp - the unit integrated with it. Fade/balance works as you would expect.

Last edited:

coluccim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went for one of the more "expensive" units. It was originally grouped with 2 other models on Amazon - the other 2 had knobs. I was going to buy a knobbed one but realized I haven't used a DVD or CD in 20 years or so.

There are buttons on the bottom but I use the steering wheel controls mostly. Everything is included but it may need something for the rear screen if you have one. I didn't bother hooking it up.

It has carplay for apple that works great - wireless. I was also able to download Netflix, YouTube TV and Amazon Prime to the unit and stream from my driveway. I am sure you can tether to your phone n the road if you want to watch tv and kill someone.

I cut the supplied harness's reverse line as I have the camera in the mirror. In my setup, the screen would go black in reverse with the unit, now it just stays as a normal screen (the mirror still works).

The sound was way loud at first - I had to go in the factory settings using code "0000" and tell the unit that I had an amplifier and adjusted the "gain". I didn't even end up using any of the 3 USB ports - just wireless. So, install took less than an hour in total. Simple plug and play.

Edited****
CarPlay is what apple uses for texts, calls, navigation, music apps. There is no web browser. The unit itself has chrome installed.
Also, your question seems to be more related to the Apple car implementation. I use Pandora, YouTube music, (Spotify and Amazon music occasionally). I also use google maps for everything but apple maps are available also - the system (google) works amazingly to navigation.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what one looks like.. might be on 07-08 option looking at the listing title..

Here someone asking $750 per!!!

Will update with review when I get them in...

750 is a lot. but I'd spend a bit for at least a black drivers one.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a new member. This place is an amazing resource.

I just came home with a Silver 2011 Tahoe LT 4wd yesterday. Today the first project was installing an Android based stereo head unit.

I have my doubts on these things in general but I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Things weren’t perfect, but after a bit of googling and changes made to the backend software, it seems to be working great. Let me know if anyone has questions.
How is it sound wise with the bose setup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtisleefarmer

Latest posts