What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up diving sports cars with zero rear visibility long before back up cams and sensors. I found doing a quick walk back and look at the area your going to back out or into of makes all the difference. gives a quick reference of what you gotta avoid.

at work they force us to wheel chock the rear passanger tire everytime you get out of anything. forces you do a walk around. Supposed to always have a guide person anytime backing up too, but unless it's something with zero visibility, no one really does it. even thou it's your job if you run into the wrong thing and video shows you didn't find a guide person.
I back in to park when I can.
I even back into my driveway at home.
When I worked highway construction / maintenance, a backing accident was your fault 99% of the time so I was taught to really pay attention to your surroundings and never backup unless you absolutely have to.
The rule of thumb was - Backup to park but don't park to backup.
But, with the way most street parking spots are around here, they are mostly angled so you have to pull in forward and then back out into traffic while parked next to another large vehicle so visibility is very limited and cross traffic can appear at any time.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I back in to park when I can.
I even back into my driveway at home.
When I worked highway construction / maintenance, a backing accident was your fault 99% of the time so I was taught to really pay attention to your surroundings and never backup unless you absolutely have to.
The rule of thumb was - Backup to park but don't park to backup.
But, with the way most street parking spots are around here, they are mostly angled so you have to pull in forward and then back out into traffic while parked next to another large vehicle so visibility is very limited and cross traffic can appear at any time.
Austin as a city is pretty much FUBAR. One of the positive things the city has done is make angled parking back in on busy streets. Makes leaving so much safer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyMalibu04

Latest posts