What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's good. after driving a while with it, I will say it feels a little further back then I thought at first test. I need to clean mine up, but I think it looks OK. the truck isn't mint forsure. what color is yours?

Mine's light cashmere color.

I feel the 3 positions are very good!

All the way back gives me enough space that it doesnt support my head on acceleration, but I can stretch. Even the middle position is better than stock and is more relaxed while being able to provide some acceleration support.

I wonder if the headrest receptacle is different on the earlier years..

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's light cashmere color.

I feel the 3 positions are very good!

All the way back gives me enough space that it doesnt support my head an acceleration, but I can stretch. Even the middle position is better than stock and is more relaxed while being able to provide some acceleration support.

I wonder if the headrest receptacle is different on the earlier years..

that's good. every little bit helps forsure.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm running it mid position, definately more space, feels great for me.

I might only use the reclined position if seat is fully reclined, it feels pretty far back to me..

You need more space? (I have mine all the way down, 5'-9ish, I notice you had yours up pretty far?)

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm running it mid position, definately more space, feels great for me.

I might only use the reclined position if seat is fully reclined, it feels pretty far back to me..

You need more space? (I have mine all the way down, 5'-9ish, I notice you had yours up pretty far?)

I just had it up for pics to compare to the door frame. I'm 6.3 so my seat is always back. but yeah that's when I think I'll get to test it out for real. around town short trips it didn't bother me much but next long trip, set the cruise and relax plus I tend to stop at rest stops on long trips to catch a nap. can't do that with the stock head rest. to kinked up to fall asleep.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree on the sleeping thing! Though I've never had to, but I tested it when I first got the truck. Didn't seem possible.
I hope it works out for you. It looks fairly flat and level with the seatback so there's hope...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun