What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How much brake fluid do you have on your wheels and caps? o_O
None, in my Crown Victoria I had to replace a brake line from the mc to the abs module and it keeps leaking where i made the flare going to the abs module. It's tight but I don't think the flare is large enough to keep the fluid sneaking past it. I've tried twice to replace it and it keeps leaking. I was thinking of trying an O ring between the flare and the nut on the end of it, hoping it'll squeeze it tight enough to keep the brake juice in. I wasn't sure if the black O rings would hold up to the corrosive fluid. I know green O rings are used in some ac systems, and I assume page oil or refrigerant is corrosive. Whatcha think?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
None, in my Crown Victoria I had to replace a brake line from the mc to the abs module and it keeps leaking where i made the flare going to the abs module. It's tight but I don't think the flare is large enough to keep the fluid sneaking past it. I've tried twice to replace it and it keeps leaking. I was thinking of trying an O ring between the flare and the nut on the end of it, hoping it'll squeeze it tight enough to keep the brake juice in. I wasn't sure if the black O rings would hold up to the corrosive fluid. I know green O rings are used in some ac systems, and I assume page oil or refrigerant is corrosive. Whatcha think?

What kind of flare are you making?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add the finished pic after getting the better harmonic balancer screwed in, and the belts back on. You don't need the helper tool to get the A/C stretch-belt back on if you have strong fingers.

AHCwX7g.jpg

I was also troubleshooting why my driver's foglight was always flickering, and discovered the solder in the harness had broken, and the solastic goo that sealed the harness was the only thing holding them together.

I scraped the goo out of the harness adapter, resoldered the connections, and filled/potted the harness with room temperature vulcanization cream. Seems to be working fine now. Back to having two yellow foglights.

yNEvfNk.jpg
ESk7nPB.jpg

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to pull the driver side fender liner back so I can see if my windshield fluid tank is cracked.
I just filled it with winter fluid and it is now all gone.
It was holding fine with regular fluid just a few weeks ago but now it's empty.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to pull the driver side fender liner back so I can see if my windshield fluid tank is cracked.
IIRC, there are two outlets (front sprayer & rear sprayer) on the tank that gets brittle with age & heat.

The whole washer reservoir is a design failure, especially how you can't pour too fast into the opening or else fluid splashes out everywhere.

On every other car I've owned, you could tip the entire gallon jug into the opening, then pop a hole in the bottom of the fluid jug to speed-feed the fluid into the reservoir.

Can't do that with ours!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pumps have a tendency to crack (and then leak) more than the tank
but.. i guess if the tank is completely empty that's a giveaway, otherwise if the level is even with one of the pumps the one above the level is the leaker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwl601