What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
had squeaking when using wipers i thought it was the
wiper blades or the wind sheild this went on 4 yrs.
with a clear mind figured i take the wipers off the wind
sheild and turned them on still the sqeak was there.

took the crowl off and seen the linkage was rusty so i took
it apart and greased it no more sqeaking.:party33:

every OBS truck i feel has that problem.. good stuff!!

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I got the refurb'd gauge cluster I won on Ebay for $14 w/shipping. Checked to see if it solved my fuel gauge problem.... which it did.
Soooooo..... I pulled apart both clusters, and replaced my fuel gauge meter with the one from the refurb'd cluster. Changed over the new clear plastic lens that came on the refurb'd unit to my cluster. Reassembled everything. 45 min. job, and now I have a properly working gas gauge again w/no "Hummingbird" effect.

Attachments

• DSCI0041b.jpg
    DSCI0041b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 24

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Drive back and forth between the cabin and Lowes about 5 times and burned an entire tank of gas. I hauled 25 sheets of plywood and bunch of pressure treated 4x4s and other stuff up. Going now to pick up some stuff from a feed store since I can't find large aluminum tubs anywhere else.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I got the refurb'd gauge cluster I won on Ebay for $14 w/shipping. Checked to see if it solved my fuel gauge problem.... which it did.
Soooooo..... I pulled apart both clusters, and replaced my fuel gauge meter with the one from the refurb'd cluster. Changed over the new clear plastic lens that came on the refurb'd unit to my cluster. Reassembled everything. 45 min. job, and now I have a properly working gas gauge again w/no "Hummingbird" effect.

Nice! thats cheap as hell too!

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
40 miles into to my trip to Mi. Something decides to start burning and the first gear starts chattering. Now stuck in Vallejo, Ca. for a day or so while it gets overhauled. Definitely will install vette servo next year now that the tranny will be in much better shape. I believe it will be getting the Transgo shift improvement kit as well. Will give details when I get more info.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
40 miles into to my trip to Mi. Something decides to start burning and the first gear starts chattering. Now stuck in Vallejo, Ca. for a day or so while it gets overhauled. Definitely will install vette servo next year now that the tranny will be in much better shape. I believe it will be getting the Transgo shift improvement kit as well. Will give details when I get more info.

Sorry man that sucks.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score

Double ballstastic..... but @ least ya' get to do some upgrades to compliment the tranny work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52