What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
bought some pop rivet for some door components at the dealer parts room and was surprised when i asked the service department for a quote for a case relearn. after having to step in and settle the debate between two advisers that the 1996 model was not an obd1 and not a tbi unit i then had to explain that a case relearn does not require a payment of $140 for a 1.5 hr job. it in fact only takes the tech a 10-15 minutes to get the paperwork get the vehicle, plug in and start the procedure and a few minutes more to close out his paperwork and pay the service adviser for such time spent on it to which there response was $70 minimum. i think i am just going to get efilive instead.

2doorbamahoe

Reaction score
If your talking about the plastic rivets on door panel to door, I bout a pack of like 10 or 20 I think it was 20cents a piece from chevy dealer and did it my self in 15min

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my door bushings on the pass side door. Thought it was going to be easy buttt3.5 hrs later,it was done. Started with a spring compessor that I couldnt get on and escalated to the wrong door pin kit from rockauto. Trip to napa for the same pin kit then finding the correct one. That freakin door is heavy,only good part was my daughter balanced the door on my crate while I worked the new bushings in!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If your talking about the plastic rivets on door panel to door, I bout a pack of like 10 or 20 I think it was 20cents a piece from chevy dealer and did it my self in 15min

negative ghostrider. pop rivets for high stress and vibration parts such as lock actuator bracket to door structure or window drive system to door structure. price has gone down $.19 to $1.89 each tho in the last 2 years.

619NJ

Reaction score
I replaced the leaky schrader valve on the high side of my AC and charged it up.

Kevostradamus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed out the courtesy lights in my front and rear passenger doors. Both were burnt out!

macgod90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
engine

got both of my heads off my lmtd hoe today blew a head gasket

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100