What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you used jb weld to lock the nuts in place? Wouldn't the pb blaster keep that from sticking to the metal?

Yep I JB welded the nuts onto the studs. I put some on the threads and on top of the nut. I only sprayed PB on the top of the exhaust flange where the stud screws into it none gets down on the stud.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced rotors and pads on the 99. got a set of "wearever" autozone brand oem replacement online all in for $71 bucks. they feel nice so far. god i love the simplicity and value of parts for these trucks! i rember having to drop $110 for each rotor on my volvo wagon.

96Taho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Switching Stock Grey Interior Too Black Delivered My Tahoe To The Apholsterer To Have My Entire Interior Done In Black Ulra Leather And Grey Ostritch Highlights....Dying Dash And All Hard Parts Black .. Also New Chrome Interior Door Handles When Interior Is Done Im Going To Install A Few More Chrome Accents.... New kenwood Double Din Navigation-blue tooth head unit..the Kenwood Dnn9900HD... A Small Sub And New Speakers... No Boom Box... I'm Old School Classic Rock Guy... Don't Need A Thumper... All New Dash Face-Guage Needles..... Alot Of Work-Time-Money.. Somewhat Burned Out... Been Working On This Thing Almost 3 years... burned outanxious to enjoy the damn thing.. probably got at least 30K in this thing And Still Spending More....Completely Rebuilding And Changing Original Color..All New Mechanical...Think Long And Hard...!! Shit Dominoed From One Part To The Next And if I Did It Again I Would Get A Solid Frame And Body And A Stock Color I Like So I Don't Have To Repaint Door Jambs And Under Hood And Engine Bay....Definitely Learned Alot.... Mainly You Better Have Deep Pockets For A Frame Off Resto Mod

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the rear diff fluid because i wasn't sure if the previous owner did. There was quite a bit of metal sludge on the magnet but no chunks of metal. Hopefully i delayed the need for a rebuild or new rear for at least 3+ years.

I also tried to remove the 2 broken exhaust studs that i broke trying to change the exhaust donuts. I got new nuts and threaded them on the studs and used JB Weld on them. Hopefully on Sunday I will be able to get the studs out. I sprayed PB blast on them the other night and I will again tomorrow night. I'm letting the JB Weld cure for almost 2 days. I think it should work wish me luck!

So my JB Weld idea didn't work the nuts just twisted off like nothing. So I just cut 2 studs flush with the flange and tried to drill them out but I couldnt get a drill in straight. So i ended up putting it back together with one stud that wasn't broken and I put a 3 inch c clamp on it. Rednecked yep but that clamp aint coming off and it's not leaking.:)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Puzzled... When I Dd the 2dr is fine but when I tow it starts to get hot... Put new thermostat but still acting up.. Might do water pump but I used to be able to go to the moon hauling cars fine

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching Stock Grey Interior Too Black Delivered My Tahoe To The Apholsterer To Have My Entire Interior Done In Black Ulra Leather And Grey Ostritch Highlights....Dying Dash And All Hard Parts Black .. Also New Chrome Interior Door Handles When Interior Is Done Im Going To Install A Few More Chrome Accents.... New kenwood Double Din Navigation-blue tooth head unit..the Kenwood Dnn9900HD... A Small Sub And New Speakers... No Boom Box... I'm Old School Classic Rock Guy... Don't Need A Thumper... All New Dash Face-Guage Needles..... Alot Of Work-Time-Money.. Somewhat Burned Out... Been Working On This Thing Almost 3 years... burned outanxious to enjoy the damn thing.. probably got at least 30K in this thing And Still Spending More....Completely Rebuilding And Changing Original Color..All New Mechanical...Think Long And Hard...!! Shit Dominoed From One Part To The Next And if I Did It Again I Would Get A Solid Frame And Body And A Stock Color I Like So I Don't Have To Repaint Door Jambs And Under Hood And Engine Bay....Definitely Learned Alot.... Mainly You Better Have Deep Pockets For A Frame Off Resto Mod

I feel for you man, dying the dash was a job!! Judging by the rest of your truck, I'd guess that you're as **** as I am. I had no idea the amount of time that it would take... from tearing the vents down into individual pieces to the glove box latch, I had about 10 hrs in the dash alone. I'd say that fighting with the little springs in the 12v outlet covers was probably the toughest part. Btw, I hope this is not a dd. I only have around 300 miles on the clock since I color swapped and I've had to touch up the door panels 3 times... the dye just won't stick to the doors, no matter how much prep you do. Good luck!!!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Gonna do that next. Might get a new one tomorrow but kinda leaning on a Efan conversion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925