What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing a sound when I'm going slow; it sounds like gravel in a hub cap. I need to take my wheels off and see if something is inside the center cap.

Berserker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put in new torsion keys last night. That took a while on that greasy pig.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Sunlit, I replaced that missing end link and now when I turn tight in a parking lot going slow I my front tires squeal, any idea?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mine does the same and my right toe is out only 0.8°. i think it is a combination of crappy tire material build and i think the wheels split angles away from each on on tight turns. mainly because of the geometry of the various linkages when turning. not as bad as the old benz's i have worked on.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to be doing a full front end rebuild next year and new tires as well, ill have to see how it affects it then

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well i doubt you have bent suspension parts so make a tight turn while parked and look at the wheel assembly and you can see a bit of a difference in the angle of each one. would not normally be an issue with rack and pinion so much but remember we have 7 moving parts in the linkage that can create a non-matched wheel direction alignment.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I think the alignment may be off, either that or the control arm bushings are in bad enough shape that there is excessive movement. Ill know more when I get the new bushings and press the old ones out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925