What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a/c issues?

AC Clutch bearing went out, engine was squealing in the AM and there was play in it so I decided to replace the compressor. When I was at AutoZone the guy said the warranty extends to 2 years if I buy the dryer and orifice tube at the same time, it was an extra $30 or so. Wasn't all that hard, while I was pulling it apart I noticed the AC line had a huge bubble in it and was probably where my AC leak was so I ordered it, that will be here Tuesday. I'll put the rest of the stuff back in this week and charge it ... :D

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do know the clutch itself is replaceable right? or was it just a re-power the system decision.

Yes, I borrowed the tool from AutoZone and pulled the thing off, that clutch was tore to shreds and it looked like the bearing needs to be pressed off and on. Wasn't dealing with all that, new compressor was under $200 and has a warranty. Plus that orifice tube, which I wouldn't have replaced if I just did the bearing, was almost fully closed.

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked up some piaa lights having issues though i connected up the lights but it shows no power to the button but when i click the button the relay ticks what could it be?

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoked amber corners came in the mail for it today:
smokedcorners.gif

probably won't go on till it starts staying warm since im not 100% sure i can get the grill out with the bumper on. if not project is going to be a beoootch!! haha

anyone have a good line on some cheap metal tail light guards? have some plastic covers that i was going to throw on there but would rather have some that go with the bumper. :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Have fun Procomp. looks like a PITA to change those with your guard hahah!
:rofl: that sucks i would have absolutely no motivation to change those

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun Procomp. looks like a PITA to change those with your guard hahah!
:rofl: that sucks i would have absolutely no motivation to change those

if all else fails i think i can pull the headlight and parking light and manage to do it with the bumper still on it maybe? surely you can get to those damn things that way.

bumper has to come off this year sometime to repaint/bed line it... so if all else fails they will wait! haha to much i need to do to the Hoe and I'm not even driving it right now.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Fixed my coolant lines and last nite I was doin this
picture.php

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1749&pictureid=15117

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou