What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i roll into the shop today and guess what i find when i open the door.....

jqnAYHYOBWflt.jpg

and more parts YAY they pulled the block then i am taking it to another guy to get the whole block broken down and checked and then check clearances and everything! then change out the ignition then dyno and back in the hoe!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the lifters to???

The point of cam break in with std hydro lifters was to establish the wear pattern correctly, there is no wear pattern on rollers. You can let them soak in oil like AtomicHoe said or use some assembly lube on the cam during the build.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to do a brake job...then sending the ECU out for a lil update. After that Tires on next weekend and soon after a good washing here at the house to get rid of all the winter

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to do an oil change and the filter I picked up doesn't fit, it's the one the book told me to get. I went with Mobil 1 and it is an M1-201.

rushr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I saw that. Mine is a 4WD which is what the part number goes to. But it isn't as big around as the one that's one there and it doesn't screw on. I guess I'll cross reference the one that is currently on.

I was told that the motor was replaced, I wonder if it was replaced with one from a 2WD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES