What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
My sister borrowed my yukon while I was out of town to help a friend move and when I got back it wouldn't start and the interior door handle was broken.:emotions34:

I guess I should have told her to be gentle with the handle...she took the trim piece off and broke the handle from pulling it so damn hard. Damn just roll the window down and pull the other handle. At least that is finally fixed. She also "had to get it jumped" no shit you disconnected the battery cable and put it back on barely finger tight. WTF were you doing?

uggghh This is why nobody drives my car.

Last edited:

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it, and air up all my tires

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

My sister borrowed my yukon while I was out of town to help a friend move and when I got back it wouldn't start and the interior door handle was broken.:emotions34:

I guess I should have told her to be gentle with the handle...she took the trim piece off and broke the handle from pulling it so damn hard. Damn just roll the window down and pull the other handle. At least that is finally fixed. She also "had to get it jumped" no shit you disconnected the battery cable and put it back on barely finger tight. WTF were you doing?

uggghh This is why nobody drives my car.

im stingy about people driving my cars

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
added the esky console to the tahoe and replaced the weather stripping around the barn doors to fix a water issue.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Truck parts by CenzoBear, on Flickr

I finally got all the parts i need from LMC Truck to repair my front end! Now all I'm waiting on is the headlights and parking lights/ turn signals from Rock Auto. Then, I have to find a shop that'll remove the front bumper for me. nobody wants to do it because of the airbags, but the bumper isn't anywhere near the airbag sensor yet...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not to mention that the ignition switch has to be on for it to even consider arming among other requirements.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

if that grill is a repro lt me know how it fits.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I need a hand wiring up some gauges in my truck. I have 4 gauges, but 3 which are autometer and have lights in them with a power and ground, then the other posts for the sending units and such.
How should i wire up these gauges, 2 will be up in the overhead console and 1 autometer will be down in the center floor console with the wideband.. Should i run them all to a toggle switch? or is there an easier place for these things? i think i only need a 3amp fuse or something... Im just confused as shit right now trying to wire these up..
Any help or thoughts will be appreciated.. any way i can use the map light (overhead console) as power? and ground? or no since those are always on?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
overhead are always hot so no. put the autometer's in a gauge pod if small enough. for ilummination tap into the output of illum fuse #14 so as to have them dimmable form the rheostat. and the gauges fuse #4 for power.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Could tap a on/off signal from the power rear view mirror and run it through pin 85 or 86 on a 12v relay. That's what I did when I wired my radar detector. My radar unit had tiny 24+ gauge wire so it wasn't pulling very much amps so I just tapped power from the map lights.

But, you will have to pull off the trim on the A-pillar to run a 3 amp power wire anyways, so might as well run a on/off wire too from a better source. That trim pops right off.

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wire it to a keyed source, toggles and all that nonsense is nice until you leave it on and kill the battery once ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES