What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swaped my cluser to 5 leds and put blue in doors and cool white in the map lights. also wired the tow mirrior signals in and changed the bulb in 4wd to a blue as well and cool white in the glove box

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the grille off and changed out the parking lights and the headlamp units with a set I got from 1aauto. The front looks like a new truck now, and I can see properly at night again. The latter is the reason I did the job in the first place, but having it look nice is definitely a fringe benefit.

And yes, I did try the polish route before going for new, but those old units were just too hammered by sun and rocks to respond at all.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a brake job on rear axle. All original inside from 1996 right down to the nails. Shoes were polished and not much wear in the drums. Both wheel cylinders were leaking a bit. Replaced shoes, springs and both wheel cylinders. Cleaned all up. Bled the lines, good to go.

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at it in the driveway pissed that i haven't had the time/money to do/fix some things on it. Also wished it would fit in the garage :(

JcKinney

Reaction score
Replaced the master cylinder and brake booster.... Two footed standing on the pedal to attempt to stop was just plain nuts.

Skeletoy

Reaction score
Sprayed some more PB on my stupid A/C compressor clutch to stop it from squeeking. (It's 2 months old and I have to do this once a week.) Don't even want to mess with it since I spend over 500 bucks on the A/C this summer.

Tom danger Collins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took the grille off and changed out the parking lights and the headlamp units with a set I got from 1aauto. The front looks like a new truck now, and I can see properly at night again. The latter is the reason I did the job in the first place, but having it look nice is definitely a fringe benefit.

And yes, I did try the polish route before going for new, but those old units were just too hammered by sun and rocks to respond at all.

I ordered the same thing. Glad to hear it looks good. Mine should show up any day now. Gonna have to paint the brush guard to make it looks all shiny and new. As far as what I did today, I replaced an AC vent on the passenger side and put in a new power window switch.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked at it in the driveway pissed that i haven't had the time/money to do/fix some things on it. Also wished it would fit in the garage :(

Agreed on this one, instead of spending that invisible money to make updates on my truck, i cleaned it.. seemed like the only thing i can do for now.

About to order some new headlights and get her an alignment/new tire.. 50 bucks for both axles seems pretty cheap to me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925