What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel Pump and Tank

I replaced my fuel pump. When I dropped the tank it was rusted really bad and when I peeled back the padding used for vibration control, it had trapped tons of dirt and moisture. Guess what? It had a hole so I had to order a new tank. I got it from Advanced and used the "VISA" promo code on checkout and got $50 off plus another 15% on a sale they were having. I primed and painted everything including some rust spots under the body and the tank sheild. Felt good to get that done. My wife thinks i'm crazy!

I had the pump replaced about 5 years ago from a shop. It had a Carter in it with the original style connector on it. Here is a side by side of the Carter and Delphi guage rheostat. The Delphi looks like a much better pump overall.

The hardest part was getting the fuel lines off. The larger one was an oddball size. None of the disconnects I had fit, plus the carter had all kinds of addition plastic support around the pipe. I had to hacksaw off the tubes and mess with getting it out of the connector. POS Carter!!

So now My fuel pressure is a rock solid 52lbs. I posted a video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVNMj7Gsh8) to see if anyone thought the pump was going and really noone had seen an erratic fuel pressure reading like this. Turns out the pump must have been on its way out. I was actually trying to diagnose a p0300 issue but it still lives on. However it does run smother and idle is much more stable.

Here is the new video of fuel pressure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsRvBdvUzo&feature=channel&list=UL)

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 32
  • prime.jpg
    prime.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 29
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 28
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

eleventhgm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
new wheels

needed tires two bologna skins in the back and slipped belt in the front and the rims clear coat was getting pretty bad looking on the orig stockers so got these guys on ebay with the tires and did both sway bar end links cause my wife broke one.bridgestones make it ride like new

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 33

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
msd cap burned out after 12k miles and 9 months in service.
IMAG0358.gif
IMAG0359.gif

then went back today to have one of four needed ball joijnts done. this was the worst one.
IMAG0365.gif
IMAG0364.gif

and a video of it this morning at the shop.

http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd482/Sunlitcomet/?action=view&current=VIDEO0012.mp4

in ten days going back to have PS pump replaced. the reservoir seal is leaking and it has been run dry several times as a result. so a new pump and reservoir will be ordered with provisioning for a hydra-boost change over later on. $101 from Amazon for a remaned delco unit with no core.

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there was any contact grease used anywhere on that cap and rotor and it looks like aluminum points at that. Next one, buy one with copper points and slather them in dielectric grease.

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glued up my dang cup holder ,with some epoxy, trouble shooted horn inop, fixed it

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Doesn't look like there was any contact grease used anywhere on that cap and rotor and it looks like aluminum points at that. Next one, buy one with copper points and slather them in dielectric grease.

Good point,looks like aluminum points at that,Hmmm ,MSD

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually the cap is brass terminals. Can't explain how it got corroded like that so fast. And why would I throw electric grease on them when I need to move thousands of volts right thru it? Kinda defeats the purpose. But if you mean inside the cap in the terminal pits I can not ensure the grease will always stay there. there is a delco unit now and the msd cap was in excellent condition on the wire side. I may have to consider looking at venting the dizzy assembly some how.

Last edited:

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ended up buying my set of Bilsteins off of the Denali I just sold to a family friend. I had just put them on the Denali right before I sold it. He apparently didn't like how stiff they rode. So now it looks like I'm swapping out the brand new Monroe reflexs for the Bilsteins.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
My Dad drove the blazecalade over 200 miles to his shop. He said it ran like a champ! He changed out the shift solenoid prior to leaving.... Happy to have the blazecalade up and running again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts