What exhaust are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Well, the Borla muffler is about 5" shorter than stock and 3" shorter than the Magnaflow. So they just have to add a little more pipe to get everything to match up. Nothing to worry about though as they would have to do that with any muffler swap, just a little more pipe for the Borla. If you are not aware of how they do it, they basically weld the forward end of the muffler to the OEM pipe flange, then they have to add exhaust pipe to the rear of the muffler to get it to reach the rest of the rear exhaust. Pretty simple and cheap as well. Should be about $300-$350 including the muffler. Also, you can get that model Borla on eBay.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

By the way, if you are looking for a "good quality" dual tip with a resonator delete, I highly recommend the SLP. I really could not be happier with it. Great looks, quality and sound in my opinion.

http://www.lmperformance.com/53163/27.html

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but my question is that i do that tip and the muffler so what would they do, cut off and install the muffler, then run a little pipe, then install the SLP??? Also that muffler says that it is a 2.5 in and out. But supposedly our piping is 2.75 so would they need to run an adapter from our actuall pipiing to the muffler or whats up.

Sorry i am a little new to this.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

BTW right now i have found a spot to get the SLP and the borla together with shipping for slightly less then 300 dollars, so is that pretty good??

Also how much would it cost to install all of this because my 215 dollar flowmaster setup with tips and resonator delete is becoming a 400 dollar borla PRETTY quick.

09yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been pricing exhaust systems myself. I decided to go with the Magna cat backs. I was going to get the Corsa's but they couldn't get them to me in time for my BB tune. The Corsa's have come down though. I found them for 850.00 and only$4.95 shipping. This was for the single side cat back tourings for a 09 Denali. If your looking for the corsa's cheap go here.
http://carpartscloseouts.com/B00166...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle
or
http://www.amazon.com/Performance-E..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1259733085&sr=8-1

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
but my question is that i do that tip and the muffler so what would they do, cut off and install the muffler, then run a little pipe, then install the SLP??? Also that muffler says that it is a 2.5 in and out. But supposedly our piping is 2.75 so would they need to run an adapter from our actuall pipiing to the muffler or whats up.

Sorry i am a little new to this.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

BTW right now i have found a spot to get the SLP and the borla together with shipping for slightly less then 300 dollars, so is that pretty good??

Also how much would it cost to install all of this because my 215 dollar flowmaster setup with tips and resonator delete is becoming a 400 dollar borla PRETTY quick.

If you do the tip and muffler install at the same time, then they would just bend a new pipe from the rear of the muffler to the tip, that is the best option. Maybe $50-$75 for install. In my personal opinion, you should stay away from the flowmaster setup.

Muffler- $180
Tip- $140
Install- $80

So $400 is probably pretty close to where you will be at, however, you will have a very nice exhaust system for the rest of the time you own the truck that will actually free up a little power for you. The flowmaster is not nearly as good quality, no performance gains and you would be purchasing an exhaust that you know is not very good. Just my opinion of course.

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually doing the flowmaster setup today :) I am going to go with a super 40 and a good tip. I listened to alot of different samples online and i actually really like the sound of it.

If i hate it down the line i can always switch it out.

OP
OP
turboeclips

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually doing the flowmaster setup today :) I am going to go with a super 40 and a good tip. I listened to alot of different samples online and i actually really like the sound of it.

If i hate it down the line i can always switch it out.

got any pix of your setup? I also was thinking of going this route.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Question for you guys that put exhaust on. I just installed my Magnaflow muffler this past weekend and a day after the install my check engine light came one. Did that happen to any of you guys? I need to take it to the dealer and get it checked.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Question for you guys that put exhaust on. I just installed my Magnaflow muffler this past weekend and a day after the install my check engine light came one. Did that happen to any of you guys? I need to take it to the dealer and get it checked.

First time I have heard about a check engine light, but they could have knocked the oxygen sensor loose or something minor like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Footankleg