What oil and plugs in your Hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ypsetihw

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a sale at my local o'reilly. they just started carrying their full syn o'reilly blend, it is made by shell. I got 5qts and a mobil 1 filter for $17.99!!! with the extra qt of oil and some shop towels, the total was only $27 for a full syn oil change and killa filta . . . beat that midas!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 5W-30 and the Mobil 1 filter. Best part is you can usually find Mobil 1 on sale and basically get the Mobil oil filter for free when you buy 5 qts. of oil. A good quality oil change is sure cheaper than a new engine so I'll keep "wasting" my money and buying the good stuff.

The same company that makes the AC/Delco filters may make the Supertech filters but that doesn't mean they're the same. The same company that makes the Delco filters make the Mobil1/K&N filters but I assure you they sure aren't the same filter. AC/Delco actually just released a new design of some of the filters that are supposed to be better.

mkaresh

Reaction score
Hoe? Unless she demands cash every time you visit, that doesn't seem very respectful. :)

It's hard to find solid information on oil. Some of the best discussion I've found on the Internet is at bobistheoilguy.com.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha easy there bud.. i use Royal purple 5W30 and i have ticking noise from time to time. thats why im wondering. i highly doubt Mobil is better than RP but who knows

RP gets its 'better power: dyno proven' status from being on the very low edge of the viscocity tolerance (for any given range)

Ie a 5w30 is probably closer to a 5w25... thus it does read higher on a dyno.

A/C Delco is a rebrand 91rs, and their 'redesign' is for cheaper per item cost, not better build quality or more ruggedness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts