What oil do you think........?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
switch over to a full synthetic myself ..

my engine does not LEak a SINGLE DROP of ENGINE oil.

but i think its to late to switch t full synthetic. is it??

my engine has 220k miles. .

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Mobil 1, they are the founding father's of Synthetic Motor Oil, I would also recommend using Valvoline since if your motor blows they give money towards the purchase of new one.

I wouldn't use any other. Mobil 1 and Valvoline are the only two oil Companies with a test and research lab.

ff40

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I run Mobil 1, they are the founding father's of Synthetic Motor Oil, I would also recommend using Valvoline since if your motor blows they give money towards the purchase of new one.

I wouldn't use any other. Mobil 1 and Valvoline are the only two oil Companies with a test and research lab.

What separates the two, is beyond my knowledge but I forgot when I took my OIL class, that the oil is tested under certain conditions, there is no leader in the pack b/c if you go with more towards A then B is sacrificed vice versa.

ff40

2K6TBSS

Reaction score
Like most of the people here, I run Mobile1 Synthetic and Lucas Oil Stabilizer in all my vehicles.

I usually run Seafoam for 1 oil change (3,000 miles) 2 or 3 times a year. A friend of mine called Seafoam and personally spoke with the inventor (Fred), and was told that using Seafoam for a full oil change is actually recommended. Fred actually uses Seafoam in all his personal vehicles every oil change.

Snipez

Reaction score
Mobil 1 is pretty much all I use, but have heard good things about Castrol Edge and Amsoil. I may try one of those or something else one day, but Mobil 1 has always seemed to work great for me so why bother. I buy it on sale and sometimes stock it up so it's not an issue. Friend of mine swears by Valvoline, claimed he had lifter tick and it went away once he switched to it. Before that he had tried Mobil 1 and Quaker State.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 fully synthetic! All me and my dad have ever used in any of our cars. i kinda think im gunna switch to mobil 1 regular though. i have a leak around my oil pan and i dont like oil drips all over the floor of my dads garage. but i love synthetic! Never really used amsoil... ive used quaker state and after i changed my oil once it was like water so i switched it back to mobil 1 and it was what its supposed to be! OIL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968