What scan tool do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcoffey24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wanting to by a new scan tool. I have one right now (autoxray 2000) but all it does is read codes unless I want to spend $400 for updates. I am thinking for the same money I could buy a new one with more capability. What do you guys use or recommend?

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever checked out the ScanGauge II? It's a code reader, trip computer and displays 4 gauges and you can get one for about $170 at Autohole or on there website. I want one sooooo bad.

www.scangauge.com

OP
OP
M

Mcoffey24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haks, I want one what will show a freeze frame reading. With the one I have now I could upgrade and get a reading from most of the sensors They just want way to much money to upgrade it.. Thanks for the input guys I will look into them.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Look into the Xray6000...should be able to find one for around $350. Cheaper than that upgrade, and you can easily sell your Xray2000 to cover part of the cost.
http://www.autoxray.com/product_detail.php?pid=94

Will cover what you want and read the famous cam retard. It's the cheapest scan tool that reads cam retard that I know of.

Brother might want to sell his, so I'll let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts