What size HID bulbs for fog lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 880 HID bulb and plan to silicone it in when my fog light kit comes in. I did this on my Silverado and it worked great. When I first heard of using silicone to hold a bulb in I thought it was a little redneckish but actually worked really well!
Are there any worries about melting the housing or lens with the 880 bulb?

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any worries about melting the housing or lens with the 880 bulb?

I didn't have any problems with my 880's in my Silverado so hopefully I will not with these in my Tahoe!:Handshake:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
DW just get the 5202 kit and don't run the risk, same price anyways?

localceleb85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the new silverados have a bigger fog so the bulb is futher from the lens, if u put an 880 ur guaranteed to burn the lens and they are not cheap ($140)

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a generic HID bulb into a fog housing maybe using silicon to seal it tight?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Z71 with HID's in my fogs you have to use a certain size bulb ( which i forgot what size i used but can look tomorrow) it fits right in there and you have to either customize the piece that holds the bulb in there now to fit the HID or silicone it

any word on this?

i bought the 5202 bulb from DDM and am going to try and make it fit! hope this works....

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go with the 5202 trust me I had to buy 3 new fog lights cause I siliconed H11's in them. The 5202 is a shorter bulb and wont melt the plastic on the light. I melted one and burned another its not worth the risk and the money.

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Z71s use different bulbs than the regular fogs?!?

I installed DDM 5202s in my fogs.... The red rubber o-ring was too thick so I pulled the thinner o-ring off the OEM halogens and put them on the 5202s from DDM and then they fit like a friggin glove...

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think that they use a different bulb, but the fact that they are a different shape and may be smaller - distance from bulb to plastic - than the other fogs.

thanks tx07, ill make them fit! haha

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bulb for the fog is 5202... i ordered mine from ddm and they are awesome and cheap tooo....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968