What size HID bulbs for fog lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ They are the H4 Hi/Lo's and the bulb that is bad lights up but only switches from hi to low about 20% of the time. When it does, it moves real slow, like its not getting enough power or there is some resistance in the actuator. The other bulbs worked fine. I called them, Talked to Brian and they were very helpful.

FYI, When I called about that bulb issue, we got talking about the Raptor Kits. Apparently they have a lifetime warranty now too. They changes the components, the only thing is that they have bigger ballasts than the Slim Kits. He said they are bullet proof though.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA, and for the price........why not??

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please help, I bought some fog light (5202) but can't get them to fit. I have a 09 Z71 and the housing is different. Do i need to use silicone or should it fit. The HID foglight has three small tab, but the foglight has just 2 clip. Attach is how the back of the fog light looks like.

Thank you

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had problems with the 5202(H16) 35watt kits melting the fog lense or housing?

Last edited:

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had problems with the 5202(H16) 35watt kits melting the fog lense or housing?

I have melted mine before but never with the 5202 bulbs. Are the bulbs to close to the lense? Sometimes if you dont install them correctly they can do that too.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I have melted mine before but never with the 5202 bulbs. Are the bulbs to close to the lense? Sometimes if you dont install them correctly they can do that too.

Very true. I am on my second set of bulbs and housings. It is best to pull the fog light housing out of the bumper to install the bulbs to make sure you done breat off one of the 5202 clips, and to make sure the bulb seats properly.

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. I am on my second set of bulbs and housings. It is best to pull the fog light housing out of the bumper to install the bulbs to make sure you done breat off one of the 5202 clips, and to make sure the bulb seats properly.

So with the 5202 bulb and make sure its seats properly I shouldnt have problems with a heat issue? How long have you have your 5202 bulbs in there? How long do you leave ur fogs on at one time?
Thanks for the help.

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i bought a set of 5202/H16 HID's and i tested them out.
Resutls in the stock housing

At 4 min they get warm.
At 6 min they are hot on the hand.
At 9 min they start to smell really hot
At 11 min i saw the first bubble in the chrome of the houseing.
I stoped after that

Hope this helps ofthers from frying there oem housings.
Note this this was in the garage so there was no wind to cool them down. If you were going down the highway they might run a bit cooler.

Derk

Last edited:

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the 5202 bulb and make sure its seats properly I shouldnt have problems with a heat issue? How long have you have your 5202 bulbs in there? How long do you leave ur fogs on at one time?
Thanks for the help.

I have had mine for almost a year. I have mine wired to come on with the headlights and have gone on severally long drives with them on the entire time with no melting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968