What's the difference between the Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marc515

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 2010 or 2011 Tahoe or Yukon to tow a new travel trailer.

These are pretty much the same vehicles, yet the Yukon is about $1K more; so why the price difference? Does the Base Model Yukon more features than the Tahoe to warrant paying more?

Thank you

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing but looks man! :)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
All styling, however when comparing Tahoe LTZ to Yukon Denali, the Denali is more feature-equipped.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What features does a Denali have that an LTZ doesn't?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
May be a feature now but I know LTZ's a while ago didn't get heated steering wheels or the 6-liter engine. And cooled seats weren't on LTZ's until 09. Nowadays an LTZ seems almost equivalent to a Denali though...kinda forgot he is looking at a new one. :eek:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07Burb said:
What features does a Denali have that an LTZ doesn't?

Well first off, all denalis are AWD and 6.2L
Versus a tahoe that can be 2x4 or 4x4 with the 5.3L or the 2009+ has the 6.0/6 speed. It also has the leather stitching on the doors and woodgrain on center console piece versus just the unpainted black piece in the tahoe. They also have nuance leather in the Denali which is much softer/better leather then in the tahoe. It also has a much more attractive steering wheel/lever with the chrome trim and woodgrain/heated option. I'm pretty sure my next vehicle will be a Denali after seeing all the small differences. And they also have the esky bumper that I love.

Last edited:

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that was said above... but as a denali owner, I will add that the front ends on the tahoes just look better IMO... I chose the denali mainly for the 6 speed/6.2L combo...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that 6-speed/6.2L combo is what makes me love driving the Escalade. My mom never drives it so I want to make it MY primary. :D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC is considered the "Professional Grade"

Cadillac is considered the "Luxury Grade"

Everyone else buys Chevrolet. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius