{WHEELS STOLEN} Just walked outside, my tahoe is on cinder blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People like this pisses me off. They were probably sold on the black market. Wheel locks at least make them think for a second but those are easily defeatable. The inclination sensor is a good idea. At least it will scare the crap out of them.

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happened to me August of last year ... Very disheartening feeling to come out and see my truck like that. I ended up getting a Viper installed with a proxy sensor and a shock sensor. Also installed Gorilla wheel locks on all lugs ... on a nice set of 24's ... all paid for from my insurance check.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who steals wheels and leaves the truck sitting on decorative stone???!! that in itself takes skill. my house in Dallas was broken into earlier this year,had 3 separate cars broken into including my HOE and damn near killed on the freeway 2 years ago! a lot of dumb ***** in Dallas and it seems to be getting worse. got my shit and moved to Beverly lol.. good to hear the insurance came through and I would think Denton would be a little better. Gorilla locks are the way to go, just don't lose the key code.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who steals wheels and leaves the truck sitting on decorative stone???!! that in itself takes skill. my house in Dallas was broken into earlier this year,had 3 separate cars broken into including my HOE and damn near killed on the freeway 2 years ago! a lot of dumb ***** in Dallas and it seems to be getting worse. got my shit and moved to Beverly lol.. good to hear the insurance came through and I would think Denton would be a little better. Gorilla locks are the way to go, just don't lose the key code.

Where in Dallas?!

There are a lot of idiots in Dallas (see attached). Got hit by a drunk on Labor Day 2 years ago... killed 2 people in a Scion, everyone in my Tahoe (the NNBS) was alright, and his passenger and his drunk ass in his Tahoe lived. GM really went over the top on safety

Attachments

• DSC00356.JPG
    DSC00356.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00359.JPG
    DSC00359.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00362.JPG
    DSC00362.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00369.JPG
    DSC00369.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 79

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, came out today and cut me a check for $4450.00
cool, u got paid....

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

i got fact 20's on my nbs. from a 2010 tahoe no wheel locks yet, but now im really gonna get a set of gorilla locks on them. Cant imagine loosing them, btw i think thieves are stealing them because they can be easily sold thru craigslist.
- sorry about your loss.... but im sure that check will cover your loss.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All those factory wheels are so hot with thieves for a few reasons.

They are usually on a stock truck with a stock alarm and stock lugs.
There is a very high demand for those wheels for some reason. I see them go on Ebay for 1200 or more all the time.
Thieves know all of this, so jacking up a truck with no lock lugs and a stock alarm that they know will not be triggered until a door is opened, its a walk in the park for a quick 1000 bucks! And if its two of them, they can each make $500 for less than 5 mins of work. And if they hit several trucks on one block, oh lord its paydirt!

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve, good lord thats a bad accident. Couldnt even tell what that other truck was, the obs tahoe(i think). the black one.

Scott, that does make sense. easy access, no alarm per say, and quick cash. Especially if you know what your doing quick enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts