Where are we mounting our fire extinguishers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stubbs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where they fit.

In thethirdtwin. Element.

I wasn't aware of Element fire extinguishers before, those look pretty great. Did you fab that seat bracket mount? I'd love to put that together for mine.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my 1984 BRONCO II 4WD I mounted it on the front humpwell on the passenger side.

A friend of mine would always laugh and kid me about it making silly/stupid remarks. Fast forward 3 months and I see he’s got a different vehicle. So I ask, “What happened?”

His vehicle caught fire and it was totally engulfed by the time the fire company got there. As he explained he stated that it started as a small fire. He tried to put it out by beating it with his jacket. Didn’t work and he lost a good jacket.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably better off with a real extinguisher, just think for a moment a fire is hot right? that little stick has to be right up on it to "maybe" work.
with a extinguisher you can stand back a few feet and blast away with full trigger control.
the stick may work for certain situations but it's mostly a gimmick

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably better off with a real extinguisher, just think for a moment a fire is hot right? that little stick has to be right up on it to "maybe" work.
with a extinguisher you can stand back a few feet and blast away with full trigger control.
the stick may work for certain situations but it's mostly a gimmick
Which brings up a broader question. What is everyone using for a fire extinguisher in their trucks?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which brings up a broader question. What is everyone using for a fire extinguisher in their trucks?
I take one of these if we are going off road, but normally do not carry one around. I think harbor frieght carries some extinguishers, to me most of them seem pricey but probabaly worth there weight when needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369