Where is the best place to buy the MFI upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99YUK,
SCORE, Nice find man. If you need them, ship them to me and I'll ship them to you.

The stockers are 19lbs correct? What are these?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
+1 on amazon. I am steering towards them right now as I am now about 1 month away from purchase. It did say it would take 4-5 weeks but it generally doesn't.

OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I ordered mine the night you posted them they should be in next week, shipped them right to the mechanic, lol.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99YUK,
SCORE, Nice find man. If you need them, ship them to me and I'll ship them to you.

The stockers are 19lbs correct? What are these?

According to Delphi's website, these are;
'Static Flow Rate Lbs/Hour 23'

Thanks for the shipping offer, but I'm probably gonna buy from Rock Auto. I'm still looking for a better CDN price though...

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Yup, I ordered mine the night you posted them they should be in next week, shipped them right to the mechanic, lol.

Well, I'm glad I could help someone! :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Im gonna get this! :)

Cool! Get the vmax spacer too! Then you can help us find a cheap place to buy one....hahaha....

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

+1 on amazon. I am steering towards them right now as I am now about 1 month away from purchase. It did say it would take 4-5 weeks but it generally doesn't.

Ya, but ya gotta pay now, get delivery later......that part sucks...

OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came in Two days ago! Just waiting for the mechanic to install it so I can get my truck back....miss my baby :Violin:

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the spacer for? i keep seeing people post about it but im not quite sure where it goes or why? please help..im going to order the upgraded injectors for my 96 385 vortec. what else will i need? also has anyone ever used pcm for less because i know i will need some tuning witht he new injectors and larger displacement.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought mine off amazon a month ago. havent had time to put it on. and im waiting for my flex-a-lite fans to come in and my headers and cats and all the other exhaust components to come in so i can do it all at once.
getting closer to the 383! CANT WAIT!

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the spacer for? i keep seeing people post about it but im not quite sure where it goes or why? please help..im going to order the upgraded injectors for my 96 385 vortec. what else will i need? also has anyone ever used pcm for less because i know i will need some tuning witht he new injectors and larger displacement.

The spacer is installed inbetween the upper and lower intake manifolds.
It is used to increase the airflow of the intake by giving more clearance around the injectors, etc.

See the shiny bits under my TB?
picture.jpg

There is some debate about it's usefullness. The guys who are running rebuilt or 385's seem to put them on. The guys who are running ALL stock, don't seem to think they work. The guys here who have em say they add to the butt-o-meter results.

Personally, I probably wouldn't do the upgrade all by itself. I did mine because I was already in there upgrading the spider, so WTH why not. I subscribe to more air is better. So if you are upgrading anything else especially anything air related like CAI, bigger TB, or exhaust headers, etc, then the spacer would be a good thing to add, otherwise meh.

What else do you need?
I can think of a few things you don't need, but may want....
Bigger TB
CAI
E-fans
UnderDrive pulleys

As for PCM4less? IDK, I really enjoy my BBT for my Yukon, but now I'm over at trailvoy.com for my wife and they really like PCM4Less.

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacer is installed inbetween the upper and lower intake manifolds.
It is used to increase the airflow of the intake by giving more clearance around the injectors, etc.

See the shiny bits under my TB?
picture.jpg

There is some debate about it's usefullness. The guys who are running rebuilt or 385's seem to put them on. The guys who are running ALL stock, don't seem to think they work. The guys here who have em say they add to the butt-o-meter results.

Personally, I probably wouldn't do the upgrade all by itself. I did mine because I was already in there upgrading the spider, so WTH why not. I subscribe to more air is better. So if you are upgrading anything else especially anything air related like CAI, bigger TB, or exhaust headers, etc, then the spacer would be a good thing to add, otherwise meh.

What else do you need?
I can think of a few things you don't need, but may want....
Bigger TB
CAI
E-fans
UnderDrive pulleys

As for PCM4less? IDK, I really enjoy my BBT for my Yukon, but now I'm over at trailvoy.com for my wife and they really like PCM4Less.

yea i see the spacer. i already have the e fans. i took them off of a big body cadillac and had custom brackets installed. right now only one fan is hooked up and its working great. i got the stock intake but with a k&n drop in filter. and my tb is ported and polished. motor doesn't feel like much just yet. but i haven't taken it up past 3000 rpm..i was told i need to adjust the shift points in my trans..any tips on how to do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925