Who has the highest miles thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phil53chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how many miles

The guy that I lived across from in Cali had 250K on his and it was still running fine.

I have 243,000- head gasket, front ball, tie rod, pitman, idler,transfer case rebuilt, rebuilt rear differential, rotors and pads, rotors and pads, rotors and pads, repeat

vwbeaner

Reaction score
2001 tahoe with 115k on it. I have done shocks, front pads, plugs, u-joints, fuel filter, regular oil changes, passenger side ball joint and tie rod, sway bar end links, replaced all fluids except tranny fluid with royal purple or amsoil. I probably didn't have to fix all of this stuff but I did it when I had the money and want my hoe to last.

I bought it in '06 with 80k on it. I think the truck was some kind of a dealer owned vehicle like a rental or something or executive person's car the carfax says something like that on it.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
01 xl with almost 230k on the clock... runs like a champ,,, everything is virgin and bone stock except the downstream o2 sensor on the pass side.... Still having problems with the o2 sensor tho and also need to get the EBCM replaced or upgraded.......

also have a 90 suburban with 193xxx... virgin motor, tranny needs a rebuild for the second time, radiator, on its 3rd rear end, shocks all the way around, heater core, fuel pump, brakes all way around....oh and carrier bearing and u joints

theastoundingz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
216,000 miles...my tahoe is a 2002... i bought it at 40k miles..looks great...runs great...the only thing i've had to do to it was replace the alternator, and i did that myself a few months ago in 2010...cost me $100...that was the only thing that has ever malfunctioned on the vehicle that caused me to break down....of course I've replaced brakes before and had tune ups and oil changes (general maintenance stuff)....if you don't drive like an idiot, these trucks will last a long long time.......i am curious though; what should i be expecting to replace next???? I've had a long run of good luck so far....whenever this truck completely dies from old age, i'll buy another one

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Almost 105,000 (mostly highway) miles on my 2005 Tahoe. Bought in November 08 with 44,000 miles. Oil changes every 3k. Recently: Transmission flush (no problems) at 100k; radiator flush at 75k; brakes all the way around at 80k. Rear seal was leaking, had fixed with the brakes. Should be good for a while (knock, knock). Everything works except the drivers seat bottom cushion adjustment (motor).

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
anyone else with 01/02 have the piston slap issue? mine has 165k and aside from piston slap on mornings below 50 it runs pretty damn good.

CTtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is kind of an old thread, but I just picked up my Hoe a few months ago and already have to brag about her. 327,000 and still running strong on the original 5.3. Tranny was replaced about 60k ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035