who is running bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got a 96 2 dr 4x4 with 3" body lift. i'm thinking because it's a body lift, that doesn't have to be taken into account. am i right? btw...what part numbers did you get?

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
i got mine from autozone ,dont remember the part numbers.nice shock but nothing special you have to remember its still a truck

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock length shocks are what you are after. Did you check bilstein.com for the numbers? I just sold a set of 4 not too long ago.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm hearing they're what i should be after to make it ride better. i have some 5-6 year old pro comp shocks now and i'm looking to replace them soon.

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
I just took off my bilsteins, I think they were the originals from 96! I put on Monroe Sensa Trac's and the rear are load adjustable ones with a coilover set up.... But wow! Waht a difference in ride and towing.....

I got mine from advance auto parts.... Did have the extra cash to buy bilsteins.... But these are working out great!

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have life time warranty depending where you bought your pro comp shocks.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put some new Bilstein HD's on my 99 Tahoe. I love them! Never using anything other than them again.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never run Procomp shocks but I have also never heard people praise them. I know the shocks that came with my lift were/are shit. I still have the rears on there but I will be replacing them ina few weeks with Bilstien 5100s