Whole GM constraint list as of 2/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto.... I was told on 2/16 that my TPW was still 2/7 but it does not show produced yet. It was built and bayed by 2/16 on the dealer's tracking info.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Just don’t get all excited when get on the GM chat. In one week we got told twice our order was accepted and 3 times that it has been submitted by our dealership but has not been accepted by GM. Then it says to contact your dealerships for more details. Frustrating. We are almost 5 weeks into this and all my sales man says is there is no TPW yet.
5 weeks is nothing... I'm 5 months in and it still hasn't been accepted by the factory yet. There's so many constraints that unless you pick out something without any bells and whistles, there's a good chance an item in on constraint and can't be made.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 weeks is nothing... I'm 5 months in and it still hasn't been accepted by the factory yet. There's so many constraints that unless you pick out something without any bells and whistles, there's a good chance an item in on constraint and can't be made.
We just orders the LT with luxury package. Took everything else off that has constraints because need a vehicle like yesterday

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance because I'm new to ordering, and new to this forum... But how does someone find out the production status of their order. I placed my order last Sunday and was given an order number. I asked my sales rep if there was a way to track the progress of my order, and she said no. You, along with many others here have clearly found out how to do that. Do you mind sharing?
You can get it from asking on their online chat, but they are a waste of time. They don't know anything and you can get 5 different answers all in the same day. Best way is to keep in connection with your dealership for updates on your vehicle. They should tell you regardless when it has changed status if they are a good dealer.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
We just orders the LT with luxury package. Took everything else off that has constraints because need a vehicle like yesterday
I hear ya. I've already made a couple exceptions on mine but I want to drive something I actually want and not something I'll tolerate. I'm looking at possibly getting an expedition instead as one of my local dealers said they have one that should be here in May.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly dissapointing. I find it interesting that diesel isnt a constraint on Sierra's or Silverados (actually maybe it was for a silverado) but regardless they seem to be prioritizing allocating their diesels to their half ton trucks. I suppose maybe demand is higher there for that engine. Most SUV buyers probably arent interested in a diesel except for the true fans on this forum.

I run a search a few times a week for incoming inventory within 500 miles of me and there are always only a handful of diesel yukons around me. I searched for Sierra's this morning with Diesel in the same radius and hundreds popped up.

Maybe in April they'll shift allocation? Who knows.. one can hope... i know i am.
Diesel Tahoe’s and Yukons are rare as hens teeth. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a dealers lot that wasn’t presold as an order. I’m highly surprised that more people don’t order or want these. In these uncertain fuel times and price levels. I want the most range and MPG‘s I can get. That really fits the bill for this big vehicle.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Diesel Tahoe’s and Yukons are rare as hens teeth. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a dealers lot that wasn’t presold as an order. I’m highly surprised that more people don’t order or want these. In these uncertain fuel times and price levels. I want the most range and MPG‘s I can get. That really fits the bill for this big vehicle.

100% agreed with this. Called on 2 today that were just added to the GMC site, and both dealers said 99% of disels are pre-ordered.

Only one that I seen on the lot that wasn't presold, was the very first yukon diesel that hit metro detroit back in Jan 21. I didnt pull the trigger on it at the time since it was too early in the production cycle for me, plus had the RSE which I def do not want. It had every single option, and rode beautifully. I had first dibs at it when it arrived, and I believe there was a couple people waiting to look at it after i did. Needless to say, it was gone a day or 2 after I was there.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding was the same as Profezzor X; a lot of these constraints are anticipated to be lifted in April.

For the past few months, information has pointed to these constraints being in place till March; this report now pushes that out a month so it may be that this is a moving target and in fact no one knows when they'll be lifted - as you said. Though it would appear that GM does have a target in place, though certainly not concrete.

At any rate, I'll have to continue waiting as a my premiere diesel order hits almost every constraint in place right now.

I wonder whether the Russia conflict is going throw another log in the machine through complicating chip production as Russia exports metals used in chips.
The dates in the document are confirmed to be target production dates for vehicles that are accepted with the constraint listed and that the dealer used an allocation they received to fill the order.

It is not any indication of when the constraint might be lifted. Many of these constraints are expected to be in place for months and maybe through the rest of the FY.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agreed with this. Called on 2 today that were just added to the GMC site, and both dealers said 99% of disels are pre-ordered.

Only one that I seen on the lot that wasn't presold, was the very first yukon diesel that hit metro detroit back in Jan 21. I didnt pull the trigger on it at the time since it was too early in the production cycle for me, plus had the RSE which I def do not want. It had every single option, and rode beautifully. I had first dibs at it when it arrived, and I believe there was a couple people waiting to look at it after i did. Needless to say, it was gone a day or 2 after I was there.
I knew it was the ONLY thing I wanted and just got lucky. I didn't want RSE either, but when this unicorn showed up not sold, it didn't matter. It has proven to be a solid performer in every aspect. Mileage, Range, smoothness and a superb road trip vehicle. I had a Grand Cherokee Diesel, which was equally rare, before this one and it served me well past 100K. I only hope this one does the same.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
@Tenscourts RSE is not available for the foreseeable future. Gm has removed that option for what seems to be the rest of the 2022 production year
When they removed the power sliding console for the year they removed it from the Build and Price configurator. The RSE is still there. What information do you have that it's been removed for the year. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want to know where you got the information. Removing the console from the configurator was the tipoff it was no longer available and my dealer confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby