Why would a failed auto ride not be sending an error code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just that. New owner here. I have what I think is a failed auto ride. The bladders have holes. I’ve yet to hear the compressor kick on. And I’ve got not idiot lights, and no codes. Any idea what might be causing this?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just that. New owner here. I have what I think is a failed auto ride. The bladders have holes. I’ve yet to hear the compressor kick on. And I’ve got not idiot lights, and no codes. Any idea what might be causing this?
When my shocks and compressor were shot in my ‘07, I didn’t get any error codes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the autoride system is sort of "dumb" in a electronic sense.
you might get a code if one of the shocks failed internally/electrically or if a ride height sensor failed the same way.
otherwise it's likely not going to tell you anything is wrong.
what does happen though is when the shock bladder fails, this causes the pump to give out eventually even though it self times out because it is not made to be ran constantly
the pump is a intermittent duty component so it is designed to run say 30 second on (max), then 2 minutes off. this gives it time to cool off internally.

so the bottom line here is since you see the bladders are done for, it's time for new shocks and probably a pump
par for the course with these trucks.........

if you haven't already it is advisable to get your hands on a tech2 or comparable scanner which is the dealer tool that is and or (was) what gm used to diagnose these trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfresh5421