Will this roof rack fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do I unscrew the middle screw if theres no access? Sorry last question
The middle anchor screws fit into a fitted slot on the underside of the chrome esky rack. When you unbolt all the main hardware, the rack will slide off the anchor bolts and then you just unscrew the screw out from the middle of the anchor bolt.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do I unscrew the middle screw if theres no access? Sorry last question

Once you unscrew the end parts of the rack after removing the end caps, the Esky rack needs to slide on that middle post. One end of the opening on the bottom that fits over that middle post of the rack is slightly larger to allow you to lift off the rack, thus exposing that middle post as pictured earlier. Then you can unscrew that middle post. The installation is the reverse. Set the Esky rack down on the post in the larger opening, slide it until it stops, screw in the ends and install the color matched end caps. Sounds a bit harder than it really is.

Here is a pic of the underside of the rack where that middle post slides in.

11901-1308620409-49f8caccf1f0e6d839e0847a795515f6.jpg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ok I think I got it. Did a search and saw a few explanations. After the 2 bolts in the rear and the 2 bolts in the front are removed just slide the entire rail forward or backward about an inch or two for the anchor bolt to have a wide enough opening to fit through and just lift up.
Same concept as a tailgate cable. The cable end is like the rail. Where the sticker is like the anchor bolt.

Screenshot_2016-02-05-19-36-09.png

Yes very simple but stupid design lol

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I think I got it. Did a search and saw a few explanations. After the 2 bolts in the rear and the 2 bolts in the front are removed just slide the entire rail forward or backward about an inch or two for the anchor bolt to have a wide enough opening to fit through and just lift up.
Same concept as a tailgate cable. The cable end is like the rail. Where the sticker is like the anchor bolt.

Screenshot_2016-02-05-19-36-09.png

Yes very simple but stupid design lol

Yessir. Simple, but it makes a difference in how the rail sits on the roof due to the curvature.

Otherwise it sits loose and would likely vibrate as well.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Im pickin up what your puttin down. There might even be a possibility of a small sliver of a gap