Worthwhile dealer add-ons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
These are hilarious actually. I remember when nitrogen used to be a $50 add. $200 is getting insane considering I air down often…

I think most places charge about $50/window. So $100 for the front maybe is what I would have assumed is reasonable.

OP
OP
S

Shaymus106

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are hilarious actually. I remember when nitrogen used to be a $50 add. $200 is getting insane considering I air down often…

I think most places charge about $50/window. So $100 for the front maybe is what I would have assumed is reasonable.
I’m so glad I asked here, thank you!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad I asked here, thank you!
A big named tire company provided free nitrogen outside fills at one of their plants in Greenville SC. Anyone could drive up, use their jack, and deflate and refill with nitrogen for free. I did it a free times and determined no benefit. Tire discounters used to offer free nitrogen with tires purchases here in OH, but that’s no more an option. Stores said the equipment was too costly to maintain.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
If you are purchasing from this dealer, be careful of the finance options too. If you are financing make sure you get a preapproval so you have a fair and non-jacked up rate and then with the products they sell… be careful. Gap insurance is kinda useful but shouldn’t be more than about $700 these days. Lots of places sell for a LOT more but I think their cost is something like $400-500. Warranties… lots of opinion around that. Just think thru them. Good luck! These trucks are real nice.

BacDoc

Reaction score
As others have said nitrogen is probably not worth it and over priced.

As far as the floor mats go Weather Tech and Husky make great stuff. The GM floor mats have 3 different price points and the premium ones are very nice, maybe even made by Weather Tech but they are expensive. If they throw in premium ones for that price then get them!

What I did was buy the truck and just wait. If you sign up for GM rewards on the app you can get major points for just the purchase and the site often has 10-15% discount on accessories. Then you can order them online and get free shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71