You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those bolts look pretty far out.

I think the bumpstops should rest on something to improve your ride. You're essentially riding on a collapsed spring right now. I sent Mike (M Hankel) a few Bilstein PN for a shock that should fit the DJM arms. He might have some suggestions for you.

I have that much droop when I jack up the front of my truck.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ride sux

i too have the 3/5 kit from tony, have replaced everything on the front end except the steering box and my truck is riding like shit also, i have djm shocks and to get the front remotely close i have to crank the driveside torsion bolt all the way up and on passenger side all the way down, my drivers side tire is inward alot at the top and im straight up and down on passenger. i dont have any bumpstops in front but after reading this im gonna get some but i was also wondering can you reinstall torsion bars incorrectly? also i have a bad torsion bar bracket bushing bad could that affect ride quality? sorry for all the ?s i just want my ride quality back spend alot to ride worse.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i too have the 3/5 kit from tony, have replaced everything on the front end except the steering box and my truck is riding like shit also, i have djm shocks and to get the front remotely close i have to crank the driveside torsion bolt all the way up and on passenger side all the way down, my drivers side tire is inward alot at the top and im straight up and down on passenger. i dont have any bumpstops in front but after reading this im gonna get some but i was also wondering can you reinstall torsion bars incorrectly? also i have a bad torsion bar bracket bushing bad could that affect ride quality? sorry for all the ?s i just want my ride quality back spend alot to ride worse.

Start with jounce stops/bump stops first. Best value for your dollar, hands down.

I was wondering the same thing about my torsion bars too, but I think it's more likely that one side must go bad first, because my truck had the same (torsion bar) issue. I thought I was missing something, but it looks like a pretty universal issue now.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you re-install torsion bars incorrectly?

I suppose you could. I have never been able to improperly index my torsion bars. They only go into the arm one way and they only go into the keys one way. However, I never completely removed them. I would just slide them forward to make changes.

I have a bad torsion bar bracket bushing bad could that affect ride quality?

I could see the bad bushing creating excess noise but I don't see ride quality being made worse.

FEL10_OORAH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took out my front brackets for the jounce stops and installed shorties too. Id seen that bilstein makes those air bump stops too. whats the ticket on them. id rather do that immediately.

let me be clear. i have the djm upper and lower control arms with new upper and lower ball joints, new idler arm and pittman arm as well and im still riding like shit but it is improving evertime i can afford to touch the KON. just go an alignment but im still getting a pop that ive read could be coming from a loose cross member or bad body mounts but only i know what ive done to the car and it seems like everytime i take it to someone they clearly miss things that would be contributing to my rough ride like this or the obvious fact that my lowered KON is missing the front jounce stops. i had a mechanic tell me to get a steering stabilizer when after reading this ill try the cheapest route first. back to jounce stops it is but the initial reason why i removed them and the bracket was because the bracket was making contact with my djm lca. when i got under my KON yesterday i also noticed that the front shock bushings and mount insulators were shot so i ordered those and will do that along with the jounce stops soon and report back. i also have the djm front shocks and in my experience yes, they are a bit stiff but i think if all of the other components around them are good like the bushings , insulators, jounce stops, bj's, tie rods, idler and pittman then i can see how ****** the djm shocks are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air bumps I think are a great mod to try. Not in my budget but I would really like to see someone make it work.

Update on my truck: Nothing done to it. Been toying with my new DD.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after a new tie rod and fixing my sway bar, its tolerable again..just uses to much gas and has no balls lol still been driving the grand am..6.0 isnt enough anymore..cam to come this fall hopefully, but ive been saying that for 3 years

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just dropped 800 to fix the rear, and i enjoy my highway mpg..i gotta make the 200 mile trip to school and back every other weekend this semester..and my tires are the same size as the stocks i roll for winter, but they are much heavier..its still fast enough to have fun when i want, but could always use more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts