You guys know how I ride... (Z71 Bumpstops inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Yeah,Ill order them Z71 stops today. Same year as my truck i spose...just Z71 right?

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go 05-06 just to be safe but here's the PN so you don't have to deal with a confused parts slinger :Handshake:

GM P# - 15153959

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i figured out half of it..i got the truck back at the end of june after i blew my rear end up..the guy pulled my swaybar and put it back in..in the stock position..so it was hitting the panhard bracket..and by hitting, i mean the rear of the truck was riding on the sway bar..so i fixed that and its back to being better, but by no means is the ride good..i checked the bumps, and im about an inch to inch and a half away with my stock, worn bumpstops...i just feel like the front end has much more in it..the truck rides stiff..i mean i can take a corner faster then any other vehicle i drive, and it doesnt body roll or miss a beat, but in a straight line, its just all over...i have new bjs, new tie rods, new pitman and idler arm etc...the arms ride just as bad as my 3" drop on keys, but the camber is better..i do have a blown tie rod that im fixing tomorrow, but it never rode like it should..

when i jack it up, i get almost a foot gap between the tire and fender..should i have that much give in there?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
How do you like the stall? I might scoop a circle d 3k when I get my trans freshened up this fall.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i figured out half of it..i got the truck back at the end of june after i blew my rear end up..the guy pulled my swaybar and put it back in..in the stock position..so it was hitting the panhard bracket..and by hitting, i mean the rear of the truck was riding on the sway bar..so i fixed that and its back to being better, but by no means is the ride good..i checked the bumps, and im about an inch to inch and a half away with my stock, worn bumpstops...i just feel like the front end has much more in it..the truck rides stiff..i mean i can take a corner faster then any other vehicle i drive, and it doesnt body roll or miss a beat, but in a straight line, its just all over...i have new bjs, new tie rods, new pitman and idler arm etc...the arms ride just as bad as my 3" drop on keys, but the camber is better..i do have a blown tie rod that im fixing tomorrow, but it never rode like it should..

when i jack it up, i get almost a foot gap between the tire and fender..should i have that much give in there?

Glad to hear the rear ride situation got resolved.

Did you ever do spindles? I'd suggest doing spindles and turning down your stock keys. That should keep your camber from getting too crazy and still give you a decent ride.

As far as the droop when jacked up, mine has a looot.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
I would go 05-06 just to be safe but here's the PN so you don't have to deal with a confused parts slinger :Handshake:

GM P# - 15153959

Thanks. ALex... I think also,I will order the Belltech front shox,as it seems Tony doesnt use the DJM front shox in his 3/5 kits anymore because of ride quality.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it was a bad idea to run spindles and djm 3" arms? I mean I know I can crank and get 2" of lift, and use the spindles to get back down 2", but is that going to give me a better ride? there would be more tension on the bars so in theory it would ride stiffer?

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it was a bad idea to run spindles and djm 3" arms? I mean I know I can crank and get 2" of lift, and use the spindles to get back down 2", but is that going to give me a better ride? there would be more tension on the bars so in theory it would ride stiffer?

Why would it be bad to run BT spindles with the DJM arms? I would think it would be worse to run the arms with lowering keys because the upper ball joint angle is more severe with the keys at same drop level.

If you have the DJM shocks, thats where I'd be looking for better ride. Shocks make all the difference IMO. FWIW, I'm really diggin the Bilsteins I got for the my DJM drop.

Mike

Last edited:

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for hijacking the thread lol

idk i just had always heard that it was a bad idea lol..im on djm arms and stock keys..what is the part number for the shocks? i know that these are crap..
here is how far my bolts are out
2012-07-24_17-02-35_811.jpg
like 1.5" to the arm from bumpstop while on the ground..
2012-07-24_16-59-08_550.jpg
and droop
2012-07-24_17-00-38_349.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts