Your thoughts - how long to keep '05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought mine w/ 50k back in 04 and it's still running strong at 175k. I see no reason to ditch it if you enjoy it.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
What do you think about driving the truck as long as it's reliable and affordable to maintain and repair? My gut says "keep it." Any thoughts?

I still have a 1995 Chevrolet pickup I ordered and bought in early 1995, and drive most days. It's got 187,000 miles on it, and it's reliable and affordable to maintain and repair. Follow your instincts and keep the Tahoe. It's a lot cheaper to pay for gas and repairs than it is to pay for a new vehicle.

One of these days, my 2010 Tahoe will take over the daily duties. But it may be many years before that happens. :)

rob3827

Reaction score
I agree with everyone here. The advantage you have is that it is payed for. I own a 2001 Suburban LT 1500 autoride. It has 154k and is a daily driver. It has not given any real problems accept the fuel pump(twice) and the front hub bearings. It is payed for and I'm not looking to sell or trade. Drive it. Maintain it. Enjoy it!

Campi3ell

Reaction score
Financially it is cheaper to keep the vehicle you have. New(er) cars come with monthly payments, insurance, etc that are more expensive than gas alone in your current vehicle.

Given that you like the truck and have been the only owner, you know how she runs and how she acts. My advice would be to take the money you may spend as a monthly payment for a new(er) vehicle and stash it away. That way when your truck does start to go out you will already have the cash on hand for a replacement.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
College student here, ballin on a budget lol, 192k on my 2002 and not a problem except it eat brakes with the big wheels and towing. Everything original i can easily seeing it get to 250k before any transmission issues come about. I run it hard and my dad the previous owner ran it to the point of extreme abuse, 10+k miles between oil changes. You arent even broken in yet and i dont think i could reccomend a vehicle that would be better for your situation. Big tranny cooler+corvette servos and your truck may just outlast you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100