Z55 autoride leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffDubya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2010 'hoe LTZ has z55 autoride. It's 3" higher in the rear. Has anyone noticed the extra hole for the ride height sensor levers? I swapped the right/left brackets that were on the swingarm with each other so the height sensor would be triggered at different point. This effectively put the arm mounted on the other hole's position (couldn't use the alternate holes due to dirt and corrosion). Has anyone else done this? Or does anyone know I under which circumstances the alternate mount position for the ride height arms would be used? I'm hoping this changes the autoride to keep the rear equal to the front.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Z55 suspension system is working properly, your truck should be level. There is an Automatic Leveling Control (ALC) that uses ride height sensor data and automatically inflates/deflates the rear shock bladders to achieve a level truck stance. If the rest of your suspension is stock OEM, you do not need to move the level sensors at all.

You may want to get a quality bi-directional scanner and troubleshoot your Z55 suspension controls, and while you are at it, perform the ALC reset procedure.

OP
OP
J

JeffDubya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your Z55 suspension system is working properly, your truck should be level. There is an Automatic Leveling Control (ALC) that uses ride height sensor data and automatically inflates/deflates the rear shock bladders to achieve a level truck stance. If the rest of your suspension is stock OEM, you do not need to move the level sensors at all.

You may want to get a quality bi-directional scanner and troubleshoot your Z55 suspension controls, and while you are at it, perform the ALC reset procedure.
Thank you for the input! I bought this ride at 50k miles and it sits the same as it did then, which leaves me thinking it was initially set this way. I also see other 'hoes on the road with this same 'ass up' stance. Do you know where I can find the ALC reset procedure? I didn't know that was a thing. Tyia!

Pandabird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the input! I bought this ride at 50k miles and it sits the same as it did then, which leaves me thinking it was initially set this way. I also see other 'hoes on the road with this same 'ass up' stance. Do you know where I can find the ALC reset procedure? I didn't know that was a thing. Tyia!
Yep, i have the same problem with the "ass" being up. It passed inspection just fine but it's annoying to look at. Those ride height sensor rods are in the front slot on mine, also noticed the bracket has another hole further back. I'm kinda suspecting a previous owner has tampered with them somehow, since the sensor arms are perfectly level like this.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need a quality bi-directional scanner to perform the ALC reset procedure.

OP
OP
J

JeffDubya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, i have the same problem with the "ass" being up. It passed inspection just fine but it's annoying to look at. Those ride height sensor rods are in the front slot on mine, also noticed the bracket has another hole further back. I'm kinda suspecting a previous owner has tampered with them somehow, since the sensor arms are perfectly level like this.
I tried using the hole towards the rear for the height sensor arm. Not a good idea, lol. The height sensor switch just became pivoted downward (the wrong direction). I'm gonna switch em back to the forward hole so the height switch is operated correctly.

Pandabird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried using the hole towards the rear for the height sensor arm. Not a good idea, lol. The height sensor switch just became pivoted downward (the wrong direction). I'm gonna switch em back to the forward hole so the height switch is operated correctly.
Is your front leaning a bit on level ground though? I'm starting to suspect it's my front shocks that are toast and it's setting the whole thing off balance. Found a
with some good info even though it's not Z95 at the 2:30 mark there's some good pointers to look out for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LS33