Finding my PCV Valve is like finding Waldo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and my 06 Tahoe. Doing some tune up work and want to replace my pcv valve. Problem is I can't find it, or I am just unsure that I have found it. The book I bought for repair is little to no hope in properly locating it. So I took some pictures and hopefully someone can point out where I can find it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

It's a 5.3L

IMG_5022.jpg</br>
IMG_5021.jpg</br>
IMG_5020.jpg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and if you haven't done this I strongly recommend it. I know my truck drives better after replacing it. $4 at Napa and 30 seconds of your time.

OP
OP
tml4life

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had no problem getting the hose off but I can't seem to get the PCV Valve out, I read somewhere that it may be a permanent one? Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spray alil degreaser around where it goes into the grommet..
Caked and dried oil is just as strong as superglue...
Give it sime wiggling and tuggin on... it will come out..

OP
OP
tml4life

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also going to let the truck cool off first, I tried removing it when it was hot so I'm sure everything expanded a little, I will definitely give the degreaser a shot, thanks for the advice!

03z71nj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it just mine or is the PVC valve pretty much a hollow tube, after reading this thread I removed mine it was all oiled up and just cleaned it with some throttle body cleaner I had. It's not like my other cars that seems to have some sort of valve in it that rattles around?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.922026,-74.185001
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tml4life

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is a straight tube, nipple on one end, the other end is flat with a very small hole in the middle, doesn't seem to rattle, and I think I read on another forum that for this type there is no rattle.

vserduchka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they all rattle, its a stainless ball inside.
If it doesnt rattle its got alot of buildup inside it..

I wish people wouldn't post information without doing their research first.

Your PCV is not dirty. Thats a special type of PCV valve. It's meant to reduce oil consumption.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick