Lost Cruise Control Set Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon! There's definitely some crud going around. My son has been home sick with a 102º fever for the last 2 days.
Yeah, totally. My wife got a flu-thing and it lasted 2 weeks! Crazy. I’ve got a lighter version, so I’m planning on bouncing back asap!

Mosska

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Start by checking the fuse related to the cruise control in your vehicle's fuse box. A blown fuse could be a simple and quick fix.
Cruise control systems often disable when the brake lights are malfunctioning or the brake pedal switch is faulty. Check if your brake lights are working when you press the brake pedal. If not, it might be related to the brake switch.

John Ley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This seems crazy but the last 10 PPV I bought the cruise would not work on the way home. Went to my buddies shop the next day and he asked if I had checked the fluid level in the Master cylinder and I said no what does that matter. We raised the hood and it was low, filled it to proper level and cruise has worked flawlessly ever since. He told me the connection but can't recall it now.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a known issue that LED tail lights will disable your cruise on certain models, I'm not sure if the 900s were affected by this. The system checks for resistance at the tail lights and with LEDs having much lower pull, the system thinks your brake lights are out and therefore won't engage cruise. The fix is typically resistors at both brake lights.

In your case I would start with the fuse, then check your steering wheel switch and brake light switch. Here is a video regarding the brake light switch issue:

It is a known issue that LED tail lights will disable your cruise on certain models, I'm not sure if the 900s were affected by this. The system checks for resistance at the tail lights and with LEDs having much lower pull, the system thinks your brake lights are out and therefore won't engage cruise. The fix is typically resistors at both brake lights.

In your case I would start with the fuse, then check your steering wheel switch and brake light switch. Here is a video regarding the brake light switch issue:

Mine would work fine in the daytime but not at night when my taillights were on. You might check to see if it works in the daytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn