Weather strip under chrome replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruikee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LT 4WD

Starting to notice this rubber strip is coming out from under 2 of my windows. Can/how do you replace it? Will it cause any problems if not replaced?

20231028_123106.jpg

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to put silicone grease on rubber and try to work it back under molding with plastic pry tool to keep from scratching paint.
I wonder what is causing that do you have vehicle washed at auto car washes.

OP
OP
R

Ruikee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might be able to put silicone grease on rubber and try to work it back under molding with plastic pry tool to keep from scratching paint.
I wonder what is causing that do you have vehicle washed at auto car washes.
Yes, i do wash at car washes. Two other windows are doing it now. It does go back under easily but then comes back out. Is it a part of the chrome molding? How does it come off if so...

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, i do wash at car washes. Two other windows are doing it now. It does go back under easily but then comes back out. Is it a part of the chrome molding? How does it come off if so...
I know this link is for pickup but same idea for Tahoe look for the screw on trim.
I think maybe the air blowing on drying cycle is blowing rubber out maybe.

6Parkers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bringing this back from the dead since I found this question already being asked. I don't take my through car washes and my yukon is doing this on 3 of the windows. I have searched high and low for a solution or part # I wondered too if this rubber piece was part of the chrome or not? Did you ever get yours fixed/replaced?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
packle