00-06 Tahoe Projectors (Depos?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color or kelvin did you order? I'm trying to figure out what the difference between 4500k and 5000k is.

I wont be much real world help there other than what I have read....
My fogs I went with 3,000k because yellow in bad weather is much easier on your eyes, less reflection off snow ,rain and fog etc...
When I do up fit my headlights the most usable light comes from the 4,000-5,500 spectrum/range, once you get higher that blueish hue in the spectrum it is wasted light to the human eye..Also adds more glare/reflection to on coming traffic..Looks cool.lol

Attachments

• products_cadesigns_hid-bulb-color-chart-color-guide.jpg
    products_cadesigns_hid-bulb-color-chart-color-guide.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 28

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nick699

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, well I appreciate all of the help :) I think I'm going to go ahead and get the 4500k. I do have one question though about the color difference between a 4500k 35w and 55w ballast. Would the color change at all? I heard it drowns out some of the blue with higher kelvin bulb, but would it change at all with the 4500k?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In principle a 55W ballast will colorshift a bit ... as in a 6000K will be closer to 5000.

I say in principle because so much depends on the quality of parts one gets. The ebay cheap chinese ballasts/bulbs/harnesses, along with the fact that you're putting hid bulbs in halogen projectors will all affect the color. To what degree and towards which shade is all but impossible to tell with PnP kits. Btw, I'm not sure you want to be running 55W in those little housings.

The one thing that's good with the NBS trucks is that they seem to take to PnP kits much better than the NNBS ones and achieve a reasonable cutoff ... this is principally because they're not inside those gigantic reflector housings of the NNBS.

Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, well I appreciate all of the help :) I think I'm going to go ahead and get the 4500k. I do have one question though about the color difference between a 4500k 35w and 55w ballast. Would the color change at all? I heard it drowns out some of the blue with higher kelvin bulb, but would it change at all with the 4500k?

There shouldn't be a color difference between 4500k 35w and 55w but I only have experience with the 35w. 55w, of course, is going to be brighter than the 35w.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I would avoid DDM. They have terrible customer service among other things. Buy your stuff from thetretrofitsource.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx