02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right rear was 34" exactly and left rear measured 33 and 3/4 with the 1" spacer. Both fronts measured in at 33 3/8 with the 2" spindles. I don't have a measurement right now with the 2" spacer, but I can check on that in the morning.
Well I got the Belltech shocks put on today and it dropped the back down 1.5 inches more and rides very stiff. The front is at 33 5/8 and the rear is at 34. I was hoping the rear to be 34 1/2 cause I was at 35 1/2 with the Nivomat shocks on it. Looks like I will be taking the Belltechs off tomorrow and putting the Nivomats back on and pulling the 1 inch spacer.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No free travel mod that's why it ride bad. Just do free travel mod andc1.5 spacer along with endlinks and bumpstops will be fine

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this look... really thinking about doing the Denali front and rear swap on our '05 Yukon minus the side molding.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this look... really thinking about doing the Denali front and rear swap on our '05 Yukon minus the side molding.

Thanks! The front end conversion is a bit costly, but well worth the look IMO. I'll eventually get around to the rear bumper too, but once I get the side molding on I think I'll just paint the chrome to match.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The front end conversion is a bit costly, but well worth the look IMO. I'll eventually get around to the rear bumper too, but once I get the side molding on I think I'll just paint the chrome to match.

I actually just scored a complete front bumper assembly for $100.00. Just need to paint it to match. Then hoping I can find a grille and running lights for a decent price. Goal is to have less than $500.00 in the complete front bumper, rear bumper, grille, lights, and paint after I sell my OEM stuff that's on my Yukon now.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just scored a complete front bumper assembly for $100.00. Just need to paint it to match. Then hoping I can find a grille and running lights for a decent price. Goal is to have less than $500.00 in the complete front bumper, rear bumper, grille, lights, and paint after I sell my OEM stuff that's on my Yukon now.

That's a great deal. Be sure to post up a build log if you do the work yourself. I had a shop do mine since school had just started back and I'm interested to see how much work went into it.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some down time on the weekend to do a little work. Plasti-dipping with glossifier on the chrome of the rear bumper to give it a Z71 look. And secondly, color matching the rear vent appliques.

I'm not done yet, but here are a few pics to get it started. Bumper cleaned with Scrubbing Bubbles

5tTnnI.jpg

Very faded and pretty scuffed up from 217k miles of work and towing. A few coats of white and clear will fix all of that!
nVXuHS.jpg

Yuck.
3Dcvo7.jpg
LtG9Ra.jpg

There was one gash that was deeper than just a surface scuff. I went over it a few times with the etching primer filler and re-sanded.
TmHD3j.jpg

And here is a nice pic after two coats of base white. I'm only doing one atm because I've heard stories of the clear coat changing the tint of the base white. If all works out well, I'll be pulling the other side off and working on it tomorrow.
HYoMuH.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus