05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the full time drl thing work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sama
The 4 high mod for the 99-02 trucks and 01-02 suvs is just to ground the yellow wire on either side of the headlight harness. I used a t-tap, a short piece of wire(maybe 8" of 16ga), simple crimp on ring terminal. I ran that to the bolt that holds the battery brace on. Used the t-tap on the yellow wire on the low beam. Turn on lows and flip on the high and the low should stay on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yep I did that one. Plus the resistor on the BCM to disable auto headlights. HID's taken care of. Then I added diodes and jumpers to the fog lamp and DRL relays so they stay on all the time. Works great!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI when I did switchbacks on my front turn signals my main brake lights quit working but my 3rd brake light wasn't affected. I had to add resistors to the front park lights to fix it. So if you add them check your brake lights.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sama

Yep I did that one. Plus the resistor on the BCM to disable auto headlights. HID's taken care of. Then I added diodes and jumpers to the fog lamp and DRL relays so they stay on all the time. Works great!
What kind of resistors?

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
How may are required for the mod you have @05Single

For now I have 4 switchbacks upfront, 1 resistor for 2 bulbs. 2 resistors only.
Plan to add led bulbs in the rear with resistors but I'm gonna try a different signal relay instead , and hopefully that works for everything and I can take out the resistors all together

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Never had underglow on any my vehicles, always wanted one. But it never makes it on my list of mods lol. Yea some call it rice from the fast and furious movies. But underglow is originally from the older lowrider and mini truckin days years before f&f. Those are the years I was grew up in.
So for now till I get a real kit I'll have this, not finished yet but it's the idea I'm going for. Later I'll buy a legit kit with multi color function with a more uniformed glow look. Yea I know kits are cheap but at $12 for 10 of these eagle eyes that's not bad for a diy homemade led kit. 2 or 4 on each side and 2 in front and 2 in rear.
20161022_232017.jpg
As you can tell they're spot projectors style leds. So I'm trying to figure out a bracket to angle them and create a flood light that glows on the ground. But this gives an idea and visual, some of you might like this look too, I've thought about it, especially in white. But look how bright these bitches are even in the light 20161022_223918.jpg
20161022_223949.jpg
With parking lights on
20161022_224033.jpg
With the mirror puddle lights retrofitted with white eagle eyes
20161022_224114.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy