09-12 Esky Mirrors are on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An idea just hit me lookin at your esky mirrors...

I'm wanting to color match mine but the black on mine is that textured plastic. The chrome on that esky mirror is smooth(of course). So instead of smoothing and painting the textured plastic my idea is to get Esky mirrors and paint the chrome part. Since you have the handled the esky mirrors recently do you think this is a feasible idea? Would save me a LOT of work if that area was already smooth :)

Jacob as you know on my white 08 tahoe I had color matched mirrors. If done RIGHT it looks smooth and just like the top part... you just have to sand the F&*% out of it!

NewestCar.gif

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacob as you know on my white 08 tahoe I had color matched mirrors. If done RIGHT it looks smooth and just like the top part... you just have to sand the F&*% out of it!

NewestCar.gif

Yeah....it was the sanding I was thinking about :lol: was looking for the easier way out :D that color matched action will look :boobs: on my burb.

With that said, these esky mirrors look GREAT on Nathan's with his handles and molding :drool:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....it was the sanding I was thinking about :lol: was looking for the easier way out :D that color matched action will look :boobs: on my burb.

With that said, these esky mirrors look GREAT on Nathan's with his handles and molding :drool:

Maybe you should go with the chrome handle/esky mirrors/esky roof rack route? :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should go with the chrome handle/esky mirrors/esky roof rack route? :)

:D I'm trying to be a little different but may eventually go down that road. Will be deleting the roof rack before long.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome Nathan! If your original mirrors were powerfolding sell me the drivers side.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you (someone) take a pic of the gap between the mirror and the door trim? I wonder if you could just put some of that insulating foam in there (that has adhesive on one side) and have it compress in there to fill the space...

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you (someone) take a pic of the gap between the mirror and the door trim? I wonder if you could just put some of that insulating foam in there (that has adhesive on one side) and have it compress in there to fill the space...

I can in a few hours...

but you can see it in this pic... bottom right...

5.jpg

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

here ya go...

Mirror.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968