09 yukon oil drain plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
anybody got a description or pics of where the oil drain plug is on an 09 yukon?

im assuming its the one that comes out sideways on the opposite side of the oil filter?

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the only plug on the oil pan and only plug on the bottom of the engine.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find the lower crank pulley , the oil pan is just below/back from it. To be honest buddy and not trying to insult you but I would hate to see/ hear you ruined a $40-50k trying to save a few bucks on a oil change, if you can not tell which is the oil drain the you should not touch it at all. At my shop the labor for an oil change is only $7.80 and we do not charge any extra if you bring your own oil. Shop around find a shop that will do it for a fair price. It is not worth the potential damage you may cause.

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for mdtahoe

All for trying new things but if you want to change your own oil and have never done it, you should bring it to a shop or have a friend do it with you the first time or two.

I saw some real carnage when I was a mechanic from the DIY people that had the best of intentions

OP
OP
R.Beezy

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
trust me ive changed my own oil many times and this is the first where ive seen 2 plugs.

im going to assume its the one that sticks out sideways... theres another plug that points downward, but upon closer observation, doesnt even look like an oil plug

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean any insult by my comments and I hope none was taken.

I've just seen some tragic DIY car repairs. My ATF was a guy that decided to fill his own windshield washer fluid. It took him several gallons to fill his Porshe and Benz. Too bad he filled the crankcase.......

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
It's the sideways plug (if it's the same as my '07), and it comes out fast! I use a bucket instead of a pan, and hold it up until the flow slows. The first time I mis-calculated and ended up with oil everywhere.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian